Synchronizing modules off line

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Synchronizing modules off line

ragtag(Posted 2005) [#1]
I just got BlitMax and am looking forward to playing around with it. Only thing is I'm wondering if there is a way to run synchronize modules from a machine that is not connected to the internet. Download the files needed and copy them on a cd.

Could I for instance install it on a PC connected to the net, then copy some files over (which files?) to a cd, and just overwrite the files on the unplugged computer.

Ragnar

p.s. The BUY links should be more prominent on this site. I actually had to search hard for them to find where to buy BlitzMax.

ragtag(Posted 2005) [#2]
Oops....posted in the wrong forum. Should be in BlitzMax beginner. :-P

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ah, yes. Run a syncmods on a machine with the internet, then the easiest thing to do would probably just burn off the entire bmax directory and copy that to the computer with no internet. You could most likely get away with just burning off the relevant module directories, but I don't know the paths off the top of my head. Have a small look around the directory structure, it's all very straight forward.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#4]
Zipping or Raring the complete BMX Dir after a fresh install and syncmod is the best alternative at the moment.

But I hope Mark will create some maior releases from time to time so that you have all files in one package and don't need syncmod at all.