problems with blitzmax BLIde

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/problems with blitzmax BLIde

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#1]
I tried emailing the author but no reply so here goes - it's a problem with the BLIde ide. I have protean as well but thats even MORE buggy. Also eclipse isn't complete so this is the only alternative right now.

The reason I don't use the bmax one is because it is fairly hard to read - I have a monitor that uses cleartype. It is not possible to read the bmax ide.

Anyway, apart from the little bugs, BLIde actually thinks my own variables are module or keywords.

This is really annoying! for example I have a variable called x or a variable called state and it highlights it like a blitz keyword.

Stupid thing... anyone know how to edit the word list or is it always dynamic (and thus always broken)?

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#2]
You can edit the colors which BLIDE uses. In your case I think it should be the color of 'localkeyword'. You can disable the highlightning by setting the color to 'none'.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#3]
Nope. That turns them black. This is a bug.
It colours *some* variable names, not all of them.

Example:

RED=1
GREEN=2
BLUE=3

RED and BLUE use the keyword colour, and GREEN uses the local keyword colour.

It is a proper bug, but the author does not seem to understand this. Version 1.10 blitz.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi, the think is, if your variable names are the same as fields, methods or functions defined inside modules, BLIde will highligh them. BLIde is not clever enough to diference when you are using X as a self defined variable, or as a FIELD defined by lots of modules.

The Keyword list is created everytime you start BLIde, in order to reflect all module changes automatically.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#5]
Ah thank you :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#6]
By the way, I didn't get any mail, where did you send it?