BlitzMax Demo

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax Demo

_Skully(Posted 2005) [#1]
Ok, I own BlitzBasic, BlitzPlus, and Blitz3D. I loved BlitzBasic and was deeply engrained in Blitz3D (was on the beta team actually) until my life absconded my fun coding time from me.

Now I finally have some time to do some coding again and I see that the long awaited (at the time) BlitzMax is out.

I want to try BlitzMax and see that there is a demo out for it which as always is sweet. It's a 30 day trial. I have an idea for a very quick and easy game I want to make using it to test its capabilities. My Question is... is the 30 days 30 uses or calendar days and is it restricted in some way? I only ask to use my time effectively.

Skully

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#2]
Its 30 days from when you first install it and the module source code is not included.

_Skully(Posted 2005) [#3]
So in other words don't install it until I have clear sailing for 30 days ;) LOL

Thanks!
Skully

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#4]
So in other words don't install it until I have clear sailing for 30 days ;) LOL

Well..yeah if you want to get as much time out of the demo as humanly possible. I only ran the demo once before purchasing the full version!

_Skully(Posted 2005) [#5]
Theres a very good chance that I will buy it shortly after too but I'm a strong try before you buy type.

I bought BlitzPlus without really thinking and found that Blitz3D was still more of what I wanted. I don't want to do the same with Max. Of course Max looks to be a vast language improvement over previous versions, not to mention the cross platform support!

I even have a project I want to try in Max so thats a bonus too. Most of the time my project ideas exist in 3D space, but being a new Dad I have some ideas for some kids games.

Skully

ozak(Posted 2005) [#6]
You definately want to do a 2D game first as blitzmax has no native 3D code. Only raw OpenGL support 3D. (3D module on the way though but no eta.)

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#7]
BRL ETA:6 months.

My ETA:18+... =]

Rambo_Bill(Posted 2005) [#8]
I highly recommend BlitzMax myself, only thing is the editor sucks, but you get used to it.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#9]
That's what BLIDE (or Protean) is for.

Rambo_Bill(Posted 2005) [#10]
Protean is still beta for blitzmax, the second it isn't I would buy it, but the dude that makes it is too busy

ozak(Posted 2005) [#11]
We'll probably have to wait for the new GUI. BLIDE is highly unstable and protean is way to bloated. I could hardly find the source window for all the other c**p windows :)

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#12]
*cough* Eclipse *cough*