Syncing modules through an authenticating proxy

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Syncing modules through an authenticating proxy

popey(Posted 2005) [#1]
My proxy requires authentication (my windows user/pass) in order to let me out. There's nowhere in the sync modules dialog to enter this. Normally the format is

http://user:pass@host:port/

but blitzmax appears to use the format

host:port

Can this be fixed or is there a workaround?

Cheers,
Al.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#2]
lol, I hav been battling so much trying to get this to work, I have found no solution. I cant update my bmax at work :(

popey(Posted 2005) [#3]
I guess the correct solution is that BlitzMax should respect the http_proxy / HTTP_PROXY environment variables (which it currently doesn't).

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#4]
yeah, maybe in next release we can edit other fields to break out of a proxy/firewall

popey(Posted 2005) [#5]
So the other question then is can i copy the mods directory from my linux box at home to my windows box at work - and it work?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#6]
should work but you will have to recompile the modules

popey(Posted 2005) [#7]
Is there anything I will have to do to tell BlitzMax that I have done the download. Right now the "Recompile all modules" menu option is greyed out, the only one active is the "Synchronise modules" option.

PowerPC603(Posted 2005) [#8]
You can create a "MakeMods.bat" file, which is placed in the bin directory of your BlitzMax directory ("c:\Program Files\BlitzMax\bin"):

bmk makemods -r
bmk makemods -d

That's how I do it.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#9]
Couldn't you fix this my editing your hosts file? If not, you could install some sort of personal proxy that intercepts requests, and forwards them in the "correct" format.

popey(Posted 2005) [#10]
Editing my hosts file wont help at all, as it will still need to go through the proxy to get out of the building as the firewall (as is the way at most corporate sites) blocks port 80, so you *must* go through the proxy. The proxy is a shite windows one that requires nasty nasty NTLM authentication.

I tried using a local proxy on my machine and pass through that but it refused to authenticate with the upstream proxy. I've sorted it now by taking the machine home, plugging into home network and updating through that.