MiniFMod?!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/MiniFMod?!

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there already a conversion from Minifmod?! On the Homepage there is already the lib compiled with mingw, so i thought it shouldnt be too hard for someone who is used with mingw...

http://www.fmod.org/files/minifmod160_gcc.zip

id need this one, but if there is no one who could do it - i might work into it...

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#2]
no one?! ;(

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#3]
when downloading the package you will notice there is already an .a file compiled... so i guess just the .i (interface?) is needed???

so how can i make this thing into a module? i cannot find documentation for it ;(

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#4]
no one?

so sad there isnt much information about all that module stuff...

Proger(Posted 2005) [#5]
I have done this.
link:
http://flamerites.ag-dev.com/MyLibs/MiniFMOD.rar
Use it :)

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#6]
i wonder how you did - but iam glad you sure it...

its a pity there isnt much documentation, and when iam right it wasnt that hard,or?

i need some tutorial on this... ;(

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#7]
copied everything... then when i try to run the example...

"identifier 'initmusic' not found"

help?

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#8]
well... it was an mingw issue... iam sure i set the env. vars correct but it didnt work... so i simply copied the bin to my bmax bin - and it works...

thx for readin... now i know why i couldnt make my own mod...

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#9]
you wont be able to include the xm into the executeable the way you created the mod, or am i wrong?!

all the other functions would need to be externally useable to set a callback from memory, or do you know any other way...

Proger(Posted 2005) [#10]
hm...
beside me all work. It is Necessary only to compile to modules.
Not flood plain that beside you have caused so much questions.

Kendrel(Posted 2005) [#11]
thx for your help at all...

now that iam able to compile modules (i was confused what path to set and so on), i will improve the module soon to play the xm file from memory... shouldnt be too hard to convert the sample that comes with the lib...

great job you did there m8 - and thx for the help... wouldnt have made it without you... THUMBS UP!

MacSven(Posted 2005) [#12]
Does not work under MacOS X!