Got a simple game you want multiplayer in?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Got a simple game you want multiplayer in?

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#1]
I ask because I need to test and debug some network stuff. It could be a gain-gain situation. If someone has a game which they can thrust to me (I would need source but no graphics) so I can add multiplayer to it. The Multiplayer part will not interfere much with the rest of the code so probably I could add multiplayer and give the new code back and you can continue improve upon in. I would be using TNet Module to add the network part. I would do it free in return for being allowed to put it up as an example to the TNet website. I'm not saying I accept anything but it would give me an exceptional oppurtunity to improve TNet to work better with different coding-styles and game-types.

I primary aim for fast paced action games but I will need to test other types to.

Questions welcome,
Wave

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#2]
Note that for me to add Multiplayer you need to consider this:

1. You have to have a simple Multiplayer Design Plan. Atleast an idea of how it should work.
2. Menus that support Join/Host (or I'll do a simple console which you can convert to real menus later)
3. You have to install/update the TNet module so you can run the app once I'm done.
4. The game need to be resonably complete.
5. Have a working mail and/or use the TNet-Forums

Announce if you are interested, I'm not going to do this at once or at a given time. It would really help me debug TNet later on. I want to hear your suggestions.

Cruis.In(Posted 2005) [#3]
well I've got one, but the game isn't finished :)

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#4]
Cool =)

That's fine. Right now I'm very busy so I don't have much time with BMax stuff. Still it would be fun to try.

Tell me about it,
What kind of game is it?

If you want you can mail me: Wave[at]t r u p l o [dot] c o m