BlitzMax Macos : Debugger ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax Macos : Debugger ?

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm using the default ide to compile apps.It doesn't appear to have any sort of debugger built in.Am I missing it or is a debugger not included.

Thanks again.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#2]
I don't have a mac so I can't check this, but this screenshot certainly suggests it has a debugger

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#3]
That looks like the default gcc debugger that's included with Apple's developer tools.I was hoping that Mark had build one into BlitzMax.Looks like I'll have to get friendly with that.

Thanks for the reply Perturbatio.

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#4]
Sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but does anyone know what editor font that is in that screenshot. I want it!

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]
it looks like courier or courier new to me.

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#6]
it looks like courier or courier new to me.

Yeah it looks likes one of the two only a bit bolder (not full bold). Doesnt look that good in the Win32 editor. Maybe its a Mac thing with fonts?
Anyway enough wasting time over a font.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#7]
make sure ClearType font smoothing is enabled in windows if you're bothered about it.

(Right Click desktop->Properties->Appearance->Effects, choose cleartype from the font smoothing options).

Yan(Posted 2005) [#8]
According to this there's a debugger...

Newsletter 12

LeisureSuitLurie(Posted 2005) [#9]
There is a debugger on the Mac. You have to be making a debug build. Put debugstop somewhere in your program and it will call it up.

Note: You cannot see the debugger in fullscreen apps, so debug in windowed mode.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thanks Lurie. Is this the gcc debugger ? It doesn't appear to be very feature rich.Can I set breakpoints ? I want to monitor the value of KeyHit but can't see how to monitor this.