First Oop Shoot em up

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/First Oop Shoot em up

SoggyP(Posted 2005) [#1]
Greetings Puppies,

Here is my first blaster :0) All self-contained and possessed of incredibly advanced gameplay. Use left/right and space ;0)

Peace,

Jes

* Edit Updated to make your eyes hurt :0)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#2]
cool :)

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ow! My eyes hurt! ;0 I liked that parametric scroll action. Thats the SHITE!

PGF(Posted 2005) [#4]
Can I have my eyes back please ?

It ran OK up to Level 13 (score ~8470) when it suddenly dropped to about 1fps and then froze. This is with hundreds of those red bombs on screen.

Very nasty piece of work.

SoggyP(Posted 2005) [#5]
Greetings Puppies,

Thanks for all the positive feedback ;0) Weeeellll, you know how it is playing about with all the exciting features of a new language - just be glad I didn't add any sound (under the Geneva Convention I'm not allowed to, due to a basic lack of talent and certain sadistic nature).

@Booticus: I'm not sure whether you prefer it now or with the starfield earlier? I think it looks better (even if more nauseating) now.

@PGF: Yeah, I've probably gone a bit overboard with the particle effects on everything. At level 13 you'll have 65 aliens with 10 trails each + 1 bomb each every 2 seconds with 4 particles added every 1/10th seconds and the smoke on the player and the bullets and so on. Too much d'ya think? Also, I suspect the copying of each image into each particle each time isn't helping.

It's all very exciting though, this new BlitzMax thingy!

Peace,

Jes

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#6]
holy cow !!

that is awsome !

CoderLaureate(Posted 2005) [#7]
Truely awesome!