few noob questions...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/few noob questions...

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, I saw that max supports only "wav" and "ogg" as "sounds"...

What about music? Any difference? are there commands for music or are they the same as for sounds?

Second thing, how do I split one (object oriented) project in multiple files ?

Thx,

Matteo

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#2]
Depends on the type of music: OGG can contain an entire digital song, and can be used for background music.

Blitzmax currently does not play .MOD or similar like the other versions of blitz can, although there are some 3rd party programs madfer by users that can do so.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#3]
:(

we want mod and mp3 at least!

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#4]
OGG is probably more useful than MP3 -- any MP3 can be converted into .OGG as well, so MP3 won't add much...

Technically any program that plays MP3's is supposed to pay a licensing fee to the MP3 consortium, so using OGG instead will either save you money while keeping it legal.

Koekelas(Posted 2005) [#5]
To answer your second question. Make a new source file for every type and then include it in your main source file.

Nicolas.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#6]
we want mod and mp3 at least!
No mod support ATM, but several people are working on porting one.

As for MP3, I fail to see the need since a) OGG offers a higher sound quality, at lower compression rates and b) MP3 requires a license of 2.500 USD per title to use.

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#7]
it would be useful to be able to load MP3 and save OGG

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#8]
Yes. But too expensive as Mark would (in theory) have to pay 75 cents every time someone used BlitzMAX to compile a program.

Better to just use a third party licensed tool (like GoldWave) to do your conversions. It even has a batch conversion tool.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#9]
ok, ok, mod will be enough...

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#10]
You'll get no arguement from me there. :o>