What are you working on?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/What are you working on?

Will(Posted 2005) [#1]
Im interested in what other beginning (or veteran) blitz users are working on, so please share!

Im working on a game where you mutate the DNA of cells to try and make them out-eat, out-reproduce and out-evolve the other cells in the petry dish.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#2]
Woo! Making an Elite style game with my artist in b3d and
just starting Bmax! Yay! I made my first proggy 2 minutes
ago!

Its rediculisly (sp? :P) easy code...
'**************************************************
'* main.bmx									      *
'* BlitzMax Mouse Demo Thingie                    *
'**************************************************

Strict

'** Constants/Variables ****************************************************************************

Const WIDTH:Int				= 800
	Const HEIGHT:Int			= 600
	Const DEPTH:Int				= 0
	local m1:int,m2:int,m3:int,m4:int,m5:int,m6:int
	local frame:int             = 0
	local blurtext:string       = "THEDUCK"
'** End Constants **********************************************************************************

Graphics WIDTH, HEIGHT, DEPTH

'** Main loop **************************************************************************************

Repeat

frame=frame+10
		SetRotation frame

SetColor 25,25,25
		drawtext blurtext,m5,m6			
	    SetColor 50,50,50
		drawtext blurtext,m3,m4	
		SetColor 100,100,100
        drawtext blurtext,m1,m2
	    SetColor 150,150,150
		drawtext blurtext,400+sin(frame)*30 ,300+sin(frame)*30    'mouseX(),mouseY()	

m5=m3
		m6=m4
		m3=m1
		m4=m2
		m1=400+sin(frame)*30      'mouseX()
		m2=300+sin(frame)*30      'mousey()

FlushMem
	    delay 100
		Flip
		cls 
	Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)
'** End Main loop **********************************************************************************

End

Oh yeah... Whats FlushMem do? I see it in every tutorial
or code example... But I don't see a doc.... :-(

Koekelas(Posted 2005) [#3]
@ theduck: FlushMem empties the garbage collection.

Currently I'm working on a space invader game where you can "tune" your spaceship. It has a lot of eye candy. I'll release the code as soon as it is ready.

Nicolas.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#4]
currently working on an RPG taking full advantage of the OO sytle of BMax. so far getting the map editor working (basic map editor - that is it uses commandlines i.e. placefloor(x,y,width,height,type))

LeisureSuitLurie(Posted 2005) [#5]
I am doing a 3D clone of Klax. This project uses OpenGL directly, so its been quite a learning experience...

Will(Posted 2005) [#6]
Lurie, are you David Lurie of iDevGames? I'm whogben. Hi if you are, sorry if your not.

dragoniv(Posted 2005) [#7]
Making an updated version of Railroad Tycoon. Never cared much for the later versions of RRT(2/3), so it's time to rework the original! Should be fun---and take the better part of a year.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#8]
I am currently designing the main aspects of a 2D Game engine which will eventually turn into at least one game. All of the design is handwritten on paper and will stay that way until I have enough to know how the whole thing will be implemented. I have the main parts done. Then it will move on to the coding stage.

It will feature a custom OpenGL engine for graphics which will be a detailed and natural-looking 2D scrollable environment. It will be highly interactive, deformable, full animated, and will feature some cool new technologies.

That's all I can say about it at the moment.

kenshin(Posted 2005) [#9]
Working on a 3D turn-based RPG engine using BMax, BasicGL and Lua.

The r0nin(Posted 2005) [#10]
Two projects: First is a modified turn-based (it's actually hard to describe how it will work) 2D tactical combat game (with mecha!). The second is a 2D version of a pencil-and-paper RPG system that I wrote years ago (should work a little like Final Fantasy Tactics in style).

I have the map editor for both complete (basic tilemap style), and am working on revising it for GUI functionality as well as coding the basic GUI and primary routines for the first game. The second game is still in the planning stages...

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#11]
Hierarchy, stack, dictionary, and xml modules

Space_guy(Posted 2005) [#12]
im making an alien whacking game. going pretty well

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#13]
2 Projects: Artllery game (currently on Ice) and a Poker game (working on since 2 days) that goes quit good (Deck Engine stays, no working on the Rules).

JAW(Posted 2005) [#14]
I'm working on learning C++ and becoming proficient with 3d Studio Max & Maya so I can start some freelance work.

bstripp(Posted 2005) [#15]
Working on a Fantasy Football network auction program.

The r0nin(Posted 2005) [#16]
LOL, klepto2!
...a Poker game (working on since 2 days) that goes quit good

You must be a better coder than I am, because all my mistakes make the darn program hang open down on the taskbar! Then it's Task Manager and the wait for the Close Program dialog box...

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#17]
If you want test it in its current state (no gameplay yet and no AI or something) please take a look here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=49081

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#18]
Low level actor classes and and engine framework. Working out how I want to plug things together and tick them.

Including fun things like a resource manager that will automatically reload textures and sounds when they change on disk.

Simple performance analysis tools (how long to tick actor, render frame, etc.)

Simple UI systems and console that works seamlessly with other entities or actors.

Don't forget a messaging framework ready for easy networking at a later stage. Game data is only modified as a result of game messages. An actor may never directly manipulate data. (I hope to plug in an updated BlitzPlay)

Some thoughts about how AI or Motion Controllers may be linked to actors and

A localization module (lib).

3D(Posted 2005) [#19]
Converting my Blitz3d Pathfinding lib to BlitzMax
and adding a few bits and bobs.

Sweenie(Posted 2005) [#20]
Currently trying another wrappingapproach.
Using Ogre3D to test the method.
Check my worklog.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=285&log=516

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#21]
I'm working on (and will complete, damn it!) a top down elite game that I've been making and wanting to make for the past 5 years. Here are some screenies. By the way, bmx rocks.

I've already addded the ability to walk around your ship with your crew. You can also walk around stations, trade, fight, the usual.

The difference here is you are a member of a crew not a ship. For example, say I'm the pilot, my duties include simply piloting the ship and attending to pilot-type things. navigation, engineering and even captaining the ship are upto the other crew members.

When you've got enough money you'll be able to buy your own ship and hire/fire your own crew. I'm looking forward to completing it. Which I will. I WILL!

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#22]
Rimmsy; NICE!!!
I'm looking forward to you completing it!!!

is it done yet!??! ;)

Tom Darby(Posted 2005) [#23]
I'm working on the ground-up remake of Jardinains!. Right now, I've got a pretty robust sprite engine, decent XML parsing/writing routines, and some good progress on the game itself.

dragoniv(Posted 2005) [#24]
Rimmsy, don't go tooo far down the BC3000AD route! :) Cheers, and good luck!

Cajun17(Posted 2005) [#25]
Modular Gui system, image and animation handling then I'm moving on to a particle engine.

After that what ever else I need to make my tactical rpg.