Does BlitzMax compile for Linux?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Does BlitzMax compile for Linux?

3DBuzzFan(Posted 2005) [#1]
Maybe it is a stupid question, but I have learnet that stupid questions are the most important ones for beginners such as myself...

I mean, Can I use the Windows IDE and generate code that runs under Linux or do I have to use BM's Linux IDE?

Thanks for your help

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#2]
You have to use the Linux IDE..

3DBuzzFan(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#4]
I mean, Can I use the Windows IDE and generate code that runs under Linux or do I have to use BM's Linux IDE?

You have to use the Linux IDE to compile the Linux version, and the Mac IDE to compile the Mac version.

(If you only have a windows PC, you can kind of work around that by using a linux LiveCD which will allow you to boot your system into linux without having to install it on your harddrive, for example using Knoppix LiveCD or Ubuntu liveCD to name two. You can also emulate a linux installation through a program like VMWare or VirtualPC, where you can run another operating system in a window.

you can even use a program like PearPC to emulate an Apple under Windows, although you would of course still need a copy of OS X to install under it, and it will be horrendously slow... but can be used to compile the executables, although you probably won't be relealistically able to run them yourself.