buying blitzmax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/buying blitzmax

Kev(Posted 2005) [#1]
hi all

just a quick question before i buy, do i get access to win32 and linux beta's once i have my blitzmax BUID? and can executable's be created in the beta's.

thanks
kev

dwfait(Posted 2005) [#2]
Yes and yes, but you cant release EXE's created with the Beta's, according to Marks Request.

Kev(Posted 2005) [#3]
thanks for the info dwfait, buying now.

kev

Will(Posted 2005) [#4]
Do you guys think it is a good idea to make people have a purchased serial key to use the blitzmax help forums?

DaY(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yes as it cuts down on piracy witch as if anyone could use the forum then we would have a stream of pirated uses flood in asking for this wasting valuble time from real owners of the the software who could be helping new people like me.

Damian

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#6]
Do you guys think it is a good idea to make people have a purchased serial key to use the blitzmax help forums?
No.

Yes as it cuts down on piracy
No it doesn't.

DaY(Posted 2005) [#7]
i ment more as it stops ppl with warez asking for help than it stops it

Will(Posted 2005) [#8]
Well, i don't know why people with warez would ask stupider n00b questions than people who bought it. Additionally, I just had a look for pirated versions, I couldn't find any. I think maybe when u get the 30 day trial, it should give you a temp 30 day forum account, and when the trial runs out, the account cannot be used until you buy a version, and then you have your forum username nicely reserved too. I think that when your on the 30 day trial, thats the hook period, it sells copies when people in the 30 day trial think: Wow, i can really make this work! What better way to get people into blitz than enabling them to make nice things? And how can they do that if they cant consult the community for help?

Kev(Posted 2005) [#9]
BUID's are a way for people that buy any version of blitz to access updates.

some time back mark opened some of the forum to users that did not have a BUID, i presume if these areas are still open to none BUID users then they would ask there questions there.

i also agree with FlameDuck, BUID's wont stop piracy. nothing will.

kev

DH(Posted 2005) [#10]
Is there a 3d module in the win32 beta yet?

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#11]
not yet no

Almo(Posted 2005) [#12]
I think it's a good idea. You can pirate the software, but if you want access to this excellent tech support forum, you gotta pay for it.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#13]
I think maybe when u get the 30 day trial, it should give you a temp 30 day forum account, and when the trial runs out, the account cannot be used until you buy a version, and then you have your forum username nicely reserved too. I think that when your on the 30 day trial, thats the hook period, it sells copies when people in the 30 day trial think: Wow, i can really make this work! What better way to get people into blitz than enabling them to make nice things? And how can they do that if they cant consult the community for help?
Now that's a good idea.

You can pirate the software, but if you want access to this excellent tech support forum, you gotta pay for it.
TBH, I really don't think piracy is such a big issue (at all, but even less so) with affordable programming packages.

DavidG(Posted 2005) [#14]
Looks like BM is available for Win32 , not exactly a product launch!
What in it now ? 3D ?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#15]
Same as in Mac version - OpenGL for now, no higher-level 3D engine, 2D only.

I dunno if they added DirectX stuff yet.