Feeling Pretty Goofy

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Feeling Pretty Goofy

RedRidingHood(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, I bought BlitzMax a little bit ago and I've just starting trying to use the Window's Beta. I can't even seem to get off first base and haven't been able to find anything on the forums or wiki that will help.

My problem is that the Build and the Build and Run commands seem to do the same thing... Namely, take me to the output tab where it says things like compiling and linking and thats it. No running program, and if I deliberately make a mistake it does just the same as it does with proper code (just compiling and linking, no debug or error window).

Help! [I'm running Window's Millenium]

Shagwana(Posted 2005) [#2]
Have you installed the program with a space in the path?

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#3]
i have the same problem on win98SE... new IDE do not start my programs - don't ask why... i still using old beta version 1.03

i posted this:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=45088

but i get no answer from skidracer :-(

the problem is, that IDE don't start compiler (or it do not find it)...

-edit-
i have no space in pathname

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#4]
These forums should be the first port of call, bu if you're having no luck, e-mail support@...

Yan(Posted 2005) [#5]
I had the same problem on ME when I installed the 1.05 core update, I couldn't even build modules or compile from the CLI.

The 105b IDE with the new bmk.exe (you have to copy it to the '/bin' folder) fixed things for me.

RedRidingHood(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hi Shagwana, thanks for your response. I have BMax on C:\BlitzMax. I don't see any other files that might have a space in the name so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Hi Squatting Neville, Thanks for the response. :). I thought I installed the 105B update. Will the About BlitzMax say BlitzMax 105B if you do it correctly? Mine only says 105. It does appear to have a bmk.exe in the bin folder.
Interesting name btw (though I don't think I'll ask what it's suppose to mean :) ).

RedRidingHood(Posted 2005) [#7]
I've been fiddling around some more. Squatting Neville's pointers lead me to realize that I had probably installed the update incorrectly (I just unzipped the update to the BlitzMax directory). I copied the bmk.exe to the bin file and the BlitzMax.exe to the root directory. Now when I try to compile a simple 'Print "Hello World." I get the error..

Compile Error: Unable to open file 'C:/BLITZMAX/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_classes.i'

I didn't do anything to the mod directory but whatever the case, it appears to be empty. I have tried to do 'Sychronize Modules' and it says it has done it, but if it's suppose to be accessing the internet it doesn't appear to be doing it because my firewall doesn't give a warning.