my first game

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/my first game

oraclelover(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm posting this mainly to get feedback from the community and for some help along the way.

I'm going to try and make a small educational game for kids for my first game. This will also allow me to learn blitxmax. In doing so I would like to post any questions or discoveries I make along the way. I really suck at art work so my graphics will look like something a caveman would of created. But my first stab is getting the correct logic and flow down.

The title will be called Pig Racers and it will be 2d. There will be 2 or more pigs and a simple math problem will popup on the bottom of the screen or top not sure yet. Each player must type in the correct answer. When they do a carrot will move down the screen a small amount for the correct answer. This will cause the pig to move down the screen to get the carrot. If an incorrect answer is given the carrot will not move and neither will the pig. First one past the finish line wins.

My final project really needs this to be multiplayer and have net abilities so a class room of kids could play this and compete against each other. So if anyone has insite into this and can point me to some information that would be great.

Thanks

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#2]
Do pigs only chase moving carrots?

oraclelover(Posted 2005) [#3]
No, they could chase apples or other food objects