Screenshots of my program

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Screenshots of my program

Emmett(Posted 2005) [#1]
Well - It's bug free, has a beginning, a replay, and an end.

It may be simple but I would still like to show all what has been accomplished since January 4, 2005, the first day I looked at blitzMax. Never programmed before but never the less I like a challenge. Purchased BlitzMax a few days later and plowed in.

How do I take a decent screenshot of the program in action?

Using the computers screencapture produces poor results.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#2]
How do I take a decent screenshot of the program in action?

One way is to use a 3rd party tool like FRAPS ( http://www.fraps.com ) which can take screenshots when you press a certain function key. It can also record video of your game-in-progress, and overlay a FPS counter in a corner if you choose to do so. *Very* nice program.

Another one is to run your game in windowed mode, and simply use PrintScreen to grab a screencopy... you can then paste it into your favorite paint program, and save to disk.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#3]
Pressing PrtSc should also work in full screen mode - just quit your program and paste into your paint program as xlsior said.

jkrankie(Posted 2005) [#4]
apple+shift+3

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#5]
apple+shift+4 allows gives you a cross-hair mousepointer which you can drag a box out over any part of the screen you like and it will save just that portion to a file.

The only thing I kind of don't like about the screengrab in osx is that they made it save as PDF files - not exactly my first choice for a graphics file format.