Where can I try BlitzMax - I use Windows XP

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Where can I try BlitzMax - I use Windows XP

chaslea(Posted 2005) [#1]
I,m curious about trying BlitzMax - I'm a Windows user and I can't seem to get a trial version of this BlitzMax for Windows although there seems to be a lot of questions about it running under Windowsn - where does one get the Windozes Beta from

skn3(Posted 2005) [#2]
You gain access to the windows/linux beta once you purchase any version (currently only mac version is purchasable)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#3]
I would imagine that there would be a windows demo once the windows version is officially out of beta.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#4]
There was a mac demo before there was the full mac release, but for the pc you have to currently buy the mac version and get the windows beta.

chaslea(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks for the info - looks like I am gonna have to wait until the windows version comes out, not much point buying the mac version, I don't have a Mac - I do still have a souped up Amiga!!!!!!

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#6]
Buying the mac version gives you access to the win32 beta AND the win32 product when available. It's sort of an 'earlybird' offer.

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#7]
I think he's maybe thinking that he'd rather try it before buying though - don't blame him, I feel the same way.

rod54(Posted 2005) [#8]
I decided to buy the Mac version to get the XP beta and I am not disapointed :)

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#9]

I think he's maybe thinking that he'd rather try it before buying though - don't blame him, I feel the same way.

You'll have to wait for any demo then.

chaslea(Posted 2005) [#10]
You'll have to wait for any demo then.

I'm waiting - I'll just keep mucking about with Blitz 3D