Array Conundrumn

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Array Conundrumn

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#1]
Wether this is down to a problem with arrays or not is a mystery. Which I'd love help resolving and getting it up and running properly if it's possible.

As you'll see that it doesnt clear out and goes into infinity and beyond. Where as it should gradually bring each of the ripples to an end.

if you could help that would be amazing and thank you,
THUMBZ

Emmett(Posted 2005) [#2]
For what it's worth:
I found that Reflect= controls the ripple so by placing a limit on how many times that loop gets iterated controlled the diameter of the ripple.
However: When a new ripple point is chosen, all previous points continue to grow from where they left off.
{edit} Upon further study the ripples do expand and shrink. Hard to see.
I set the reflect loop to 20 iterations and if you pick a very narrow black region as a click point (in order to see the effect easily) it will expand 20 times.
Pick a second narrow black band and the first will shrink. But the first ripple never goes totally away. Subsequent clicks while watching the 1st ripple shows that it expands and shrinks every other click.
Thinking out loud: Is it possible to fade the ripple to a non-ripple as it expands by reducing transparency then to completely eliminate that ripple?
I know this code is way beyond my experience but as they say "No Pain - No Gain". Let me tell you, my brain is in serious pain right now.
Will be waiting for the "Real" answer to your problem.
Oh BTW, for me anyway, by using Repeat - Until KeyHit(key_escape) allows instant exit where as the way you have it now does not.

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks for your time and for looking Emmett.

What Reflect does is give a little averaging and blur to the proceedings to give the illussion. Try and Increase spread and the 100 value on the if mousehit line, for it to be thicker and different results. No joy though, scratching head time again.