BMax Win32 any FREE IDE out?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BMax Win32 any FREE IDE out?

Takuan(Posted 2005) [#1]
I know theres Protean IDE, but has anyone managed to use a free and working IDE with Bmax Win32 Beta?
All i need is a nice list displaying my functions and maybe methods.
Think i have red something about it in a topic here, but realy cant find it anymore.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#2]
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=42566 they talk about jedit which looks bad ass as its cross platform (PC and Mac, I think for linux too, not sure) but I cant get the damned things to work on EITHER platform following Noel generously provided instructions. So to avoid ridicule, I didnt ask for any help! Hahahaha! But it looks frickin sweet and its free. Maybe you'll have better luck? Proteans awesome, but I develop on both Mac and Windows so I'm stuck for now with the default IDE to ensure cross platform goodness.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#3]
Also, check out progress on Bruceys Eclipse Plug-in.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hot damn! I forgot that one was cross platform too! Thanks! Now if Brucey would HURRY UP!! IM DYING!! ;)

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hey Takuan! I found out what I was doing wrong in jedit! In the bmk commando thingy, I wasnt putting anything in the "output" section. You just throw your compiled app's file name, i.e. "myapp.exe" and it works!

Takuan(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hey cool, thanx for the hint Booticus and FlameDuck.

Dont care if its ugly like someone else mom, as long i have at least my functions in a list.
BMX Eclipse looks interesting too...

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#7]
An eclipse alpha is already available, get it here:
http://brucey2.net/blitz/bmaxeditor/index.php

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#8]
Here is a screenshot:

dooz(Posted 2005) [#9]
Can anyone (or brucey2) please tell me how to setup the builder for the BlitzMax plugin?

Thank

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#10]
Aw dang! I cant get to brucey2.net/blitz/bmaxeditor/index.php!! Lame! Hope it comes back up soon... :(

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#11]
@dooz
I'm not sure what you mean by builder. You can't compile right now from inside eclipse. I beleive he is working on getting that back in.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#12]
Seems like this would have a lot of potential, (yay for code folding!) but so far terribly confusing. :-)

Haven't used Eclipse before, but any time I try to create a new BlitzMax project with this I get an error "problems encountered while setting project description"

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#13]
Yeah ditto! I cant bypass that error.

teamonkey(Posted 2005) [#14]
It doesn't fully support project creation yet. It does actually create the directory and some supporting files, even though that error comes up.

You can still use it to create and edit any BMX file though.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#15]
I didn't see anywhere where to tell it the directory blitzMax is installed?

Does it automatically obtain the commandset/modules, or does it have a built-in list of keywords for syntax highlighting?