My turn to have a problem building modules

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/My turn to have a problem building modules

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#1]
I get this error:
Compiling:8svxloader.bmx
Compile Error:'ModuleInfo' must appear at top of file
[L:\BlitzMaxBeta101\mod\hot.mod\8svxloader.mod/8svxloader.bmx;9;1]
Build Error: failed to compile L:/BlitzMaxBeta101/mod/hot.mod/8svxloader.mod/8svxloader.bmx
Process complete
Compiling this source:
Strict

Rem
bbdoc: 8SVX loader
End Rem
Module HOT.8SVXLoader

ModuleInfo "Version: 1.00"
ModuleInfo "Author: Hotcakes"
ModuleInfo "License: Public Domain"
ModuleInfo "Copyright: Toby Zuijdveld"
ModuleInfo "Favourite Food: Pizza"

Import BRL.AudioSample
Import BRL.EndianStream
... with more source attached to that which is unimportant =] So OK, I have copied the exact layout of the wavloader module so I don't understand. If I move the ModuleInfo lines at the -very- top of the source, I then get an error stating Import has to be used at the top of the file :/ If I move -them- to the top as well, then I get this error:
Compiling:8svxloader.bmx
[ERROR]: Compile Error:Expression of type 'Float' cannot be invoked
[ERROR]: [l:\blitzmaxbeta101\mod\hot.mod\8svxloader.mod/8svxloader.bmx;18;11]
[ERROR]: Build Error: failed to compile l:/blitzmaxbeta101/mod/hot.mod/8svxloader.mod/8svxloader.bmx
The -only- thing I can think of is that something is disagreeing with a number at the beginning of... stuff? =]

But of course I'm new to all this and, frankly don't know what I'm doing anyway, so I thought I'd ask for some guidance before going over the top with a bug report or somesuch...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#2]
That 18 : 11 is telling you where the problem is. Line 18, keyword 11 in vxloader.bmx.
Paste that line if you can't spot the error, bit hard to tell atm.

Btw, use "bmk makemods -v HOT" for bmk to make all your modules for you.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeh but that's after I moved the moduleinfo and import lines out of the Module context, so I figured by that point it was just getting confused...

And I think I'm right ;] The line it's complaining about is...

Module HOT.8SVXLoader

So yeh. =] Anyways, after a bit more fiddling around, it turns out bmk is spewing about a number being at the start of a module name. All fixed and compiles fine now.