Abstract

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Abstract

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#1]
Take a look at \mod\brl.mod\audio.mod\audio.bmx and in that, look at the TChannel type.

What the hell are those methods pointing to?!? =]

Where's the code??? =] I want to see some code!

FlameDuck(Posted 2004) [#2]
What the hell are those methods pointing to?!? =]
Nothing. They're abstract.

Where's the code??? =] I want to see some code!
Then search for "Extends TChannel".

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#3]
Oh... see I always thought that some other include/module had to redefine their own TChannel with those methods in, but they're just extending it... with overridden methods? I'll take another look. It's not easy to get my head around :/

OK... so let me get this right. If I want to start off with a minimalist framework that needs the sample loading/playback routines, I should in fact import brl.freeaudioaudio and not just brl.audio..?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2004) [#4]
Without trying, but from memory, yes I believe that is correct Riot. brl.audio is a generic interface for audio functions, which brl.freeaudio then extends using the freeaudio library. You might conceivably have another module (e.g. pub.fmod?) extend brl.audio.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#5]
Seems to me to be a glaring omission from the docs, that one. Most of the docs you can count on looking up a command, then scrolling down to the bottom to see which module to Import, but that doesn't work with the audio commands. But, you know, I'll get over it =]