Fire Physics demo missed from the Samples Distro

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Fire Physics demo missed from the Samples Distro

Rob Hutchinson(Posted 2004) [#1]
A demo I did for the beta was unfortunately missed from the samples distribution, I just finished cleaning it up, as it was one of the first samples I did, and was somewhat out of date. You can grab it here:

http://www.proteanide.co.uk/FirePhysics.zip

Enjoy.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#2]
:/ im getting a link error...
I dun understand all this linking stuff personally :S

Rob Hutchinson(Posted 2004) [#3]
What's the error?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#4]
Oops, yeah, you want that, dont you?

I:/BlitzMax/Samples/FirePhysics/.bmx/simplephysics.bmx.o(code+0x0): multiple definition of `_bb_main'
I:/BlitzMax/Samples/FirePhysics/.bmx/firephysics.bmx.o(code+0x0): first defined here
I:/BlitzMax/Samples/FirePhysics/.bmx/firephysics.bmx.o(code+0x36): undefined reference to `__bb_FirePhysics_simplephysics'
Build Error: Failed to link I:/BlitzMax/Samples/FirePhysics/firephysics.exe
Process complete

Unknown User(Posted 2004) [#5]
Worked right out of the box for me... what can I say Rob... Awesome springs to mind first off :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#6]
Must be the beta version im using :/

Speaking of which, theres so much i want to SHOW ... but i cant.. hehehe

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#7]
worked for me too (win32)

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#8]
Excellent demo!

eni(Posted 2004) [#9]
Really nice demo!

But "Press right mouse button to..." come on! ;) Do you expect me to get up and find a mouse for my powerbook? Too lazy to search the source for it.

The demonstration of the magnetic field and changing the polarity is quite clever.

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#10]
Awesome, nice work Rob :)

Worked fine (Win32)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#11]
Damien,

You've compiled simplephysics.bmx into an exe instead of the other one, which imports that code. Since simplephysics.bmx has been compiled as an executable and the code hasn't been changed since, firephysics.bmx tries to import it and fails.

Turn off Quick Rebuild, load up firephysics.bmx and compile that instead.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#12]
Oooh, quick rebuild. I forget about that -all the time-. I keep going into the project's directory and deleting the bmx folder!!!

Rob Hutchinson(Posted 2004) [#13]
Hey cool, glad you all liked it.

tonyg(Posted 2004) [#14]
I also get the error using Win32 1.01 Beta.

TommyBear(Posted 2004) [#15]
nice.

Tommy.

Avon(Posted 2004) [#16]
Hypnotic and superb. Many thanks for sharing Rob.