Module Reference navbar does not display items

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Module Reference navbar does not display items

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#1]
EDIT: this is fixed. avoid using Windows XP built in .zip extractor and use a 3rd party instead
( 7Zip,Winzip, etc)
-------------------

On My PC (WinXP SP2) when I click on:
Home Icon >> Module Reference

The right side navbar (that contains all of the help items) is empty. I set up Blitzmax on a different PC (same install, same OS --WinXP SP2) and the navbar appears properly.

some notes :
1. I syncronised modules on both installations
2. I am able to run ALL of the samples on both installations
3. There are no spaces in the folder name (in fact they are the same)

??

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#2]
can you check blitzmax/doc/bmxmods/navbar.html is present, if not you might want to try from the command line going to blitzmax/bin and typing

bmk docmods

then

bmk syncdocs

to see if that generates the file, if no go, maybe some sort of OS permissions issue is at work?

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#3]
Skid,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I tried the bmk docmods/ bmk syncdocs from cmdline

was still showing whitespace in the navbar.

EDIT:

PERMISSIONS:
right clicked on properties for navbar.html, it said

"this file came from another PC and has been blocked. I clicked "UNBLOCK" and now it is working"

I am a newbie with SP2 i guess :)

Thanks for your help!

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#4]
Did you use XP to unzip the beta? Or maybe that copy you did was "to" rather than "from" which does seem to be kind of wierd in XP, I always copy files from other machines rather than to as it seems to make a lot more sense to the security system.

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#5]
I DID use the XP unzipper. I'll try the 7Z one and see what happens.

I copied from the other PC.

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#6]
it seems like the XP unzipper is locking all of the .html files on my PC.

7Zip extracted without a hitch. Thanks for your help.

btw, great job on your work this Simon, This is a very impressive feat. The Docs are excellent.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#7]
Good lord. That must be a SP2 thing, surely it has to be turn-off-able somehow? That would screw a LOT of archives up...

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#8]
In SP2, ANY html files with ActiveX will be blocked, but it is easy to either allow them or turn off blocker all together.

Me, I would rather unblock some ActiveX everynow and then than have all the crappy adds popup on the Net.