How can I extract the docs from the .sit file ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/How can I extract the docs from the .sit file ?

semar(Posted 2004) [#1]
What the topic says.

Perhaps it has been asked a gazillion times, but.. I have purchased BlitzMax, Mac version (shouldn't be BlitzMac then ?).

Happens that I have no Mac... but I would like to get the docs and be prepared for the Windows release.

So, I have the BlitzMaxSetup100.sit nice sit-ting on my BMAX directory. Is there any way to extract the language docs from it in a Windows compatible format ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sergio.

Floyd(Posted 2004) [#2]
I've seen ExtractNow recommended, but have not tried it.

Mark Judd(Posted 2004) [#3]
Try this, worked for me.
(Also a windows user wanting a look at the docs!)

www.stuffit.com

Funky Frank

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#4]
stuffit works fine for it.

semar(Posted 2004) [#5]
Stuffit: 12.751 Mega.
I can't install it because I'm not the admin of my machine: the InstallShield can't create the script file.

ExtractNow: 1.2 Mega
From the web site it says it can unpack .sit files too.

It does not - an error message pops up, stating that the .sit extension is not supported.

Sigh !

Thanks anyway,
Sergio.

semar(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks a load enidox !

Downloading now..

:)

Sergio.

semar(Posted 2004) [#7]
Yes, several pages are missing, however it's a good start.

Now I can - at least - feel the BMAX soul flying around.. the Strict command alone (alias VB Option Explicit) it's soooo a nice feature..!!

Well, I have to admit... I'm still in love with Blitz3D, but I'm really looking forward to the BMAX Windows version..

Sergio.

semar(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thank you Daze,

yes now the help file is much more complete - only the samples are missing, but nevermind.

I've got really good material to study, thank you again, very appreciated m8 !

:)

Sergio.

Murilo(Posted 2004) [#9]
No problem.

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#10]
I'm sorry, did somebody ask permission to redistribute our docs and samples???

Murilo(Posted 2004) [#11]
I did actually ask in my post if it was ok with BRL. Also, since the docs are available in the (freely available) demo, I assumed it wouldn't be a problem.

Apologies Skid.