I have Blitz running in PearPC fine.
The demos all compile.
The problem is they run for a sec and then quit straight away with this error

Is it PearPC or am I missing something?
Thanks.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
I get exactly the same thing :\

*EDIT*

The hello world example does compile and run however.

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah, it's a Graphics thing.

The sort demo works too

TeaVirus(Posted 2004) [#4]
Same problem here although they do work if you run them in windowed mode by specifying a bit depth of 0. I guess it's a problem with PearPC running things in full screen mode.

eni(Posted 2004) [#5]
PearPC must have truly improved from when I used it last - just after it was first released. I remember then if you could get OS X to boot you were lucky, and attempting to do anything would freeze it for sure. It's great to hear.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#6]
It's almost at version 4 and is allready looking to be a great product. It'll be software gold like Mozilla when it first hit 1.0 I reckon...

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#7]
Find PearPC 0.4pre, which allows full-screen modes. Might work... might not!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2004) [#8]
This problem with the "Graphics" command is not just PearPC. I have the same problem on my G3 300Mhz Tangerine Ibook. It bombs out with the same error when trying to set up a graphics display. I have no idea why, still trying to figure it out.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#9]
Woot, just purchased :D
I think i'll hold back from using pearpc though. Too much hassle.

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#10]
I had the same problem but fixed it by running everything inside a window. From what I can tell from the Docs, windowed mode still has some updateing to be done to it. Other than that PearPC and blitzmax run fine.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2004) [#11]
Hmm, only a temporary fix though, the full-screen should work. Window is okay but the fullscreen should work

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#12]
Has anyone actually managed to get networking up and running? or even floppy access?
I currently have no way to access anything I make in BMax from outside PearPC.

*edit*
When I install OpenVNC (Which appears to be what people use to get networking to work), it disables my network card(not very useful).

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#13]
Yeah, i get netwoking to work, but there is a trick to it.
I think everybodys setup is different.

OpenVCN does not disable my network card though???

I am using PearPC 0.4pre now as well. The full mode is closer to working, but just locks up the emulator now. No error :)

BlitzMax is working in PearPC fine now in window mode.
I havn't actually had alot of time to start programming yet though. School holidays are upon us and kiddies need amusing !!

I just want to get my head around all the new concepts.

I'll put some more screenies up when things are moving along nicer in PearPC. I think I will keep PearPC even after the PC release so I can test my games on other platforms. Eventually PearPC will be more stable. It is quite usable already on my P4 3.2Ghz.

@Perturbatio. Try this, let me know if it works. I will try this method later as well.

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3001.html

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#14]
slight problem with the method used in that link is that I would need network access before I can do it. :)

If I have network access, I can just email myself the files and save a lot of hassle.

OpenVNC doesn't actually disable the card, it disconnects me from the network. (I'm using a Linksys Wireless-G network card).

*EDIT*

I have however discovered a kludgy way of getting the files:

I wrote a program that will create HDD images, it can create them as small as 504kb, which means I can save my files to that image then open in a text editor and copy the information from amongst the crud.

If I understood the filesystem format that is used I could write a file extractor for windows.

*EDIT*

I have just discovered an acceptable way of doing it:
using my little utility I create a small img file, then set it as the slave IDE HDD in PearPC, start OSX, it offers to initialize, format as a MS-DOS disk, then copy relevant files across.

Then you can use a utility such as WinImage to access the img file with no problems. :)

I believe linux can mount Mac OS filesystems without issue, so I may try that once I get round to installing MandrakeAMD64.

TeaVirus(Posted 2004) [#15]
What version of OpenVPN were you installing? I had problems with the latest release version (1.6) but was able to get 2.0 beta2 working.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#16]
What version of OpenVPN were you installing?

2.0RC1

on another note, I have found a *slight* improvement in performance by running shadowkiller (to remove the fancy but superfluous shadows).

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shadowkiller/

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#17]
OK, I found a really easy way to send files to PearPC.

Download a program called MacImage. It lets you create HSF/ISO's on your PC.

Then just mount the iso in PearPC in your config, and viola, the CD pops up on your desktop with your PC files in it :-)

Also here is a screeny of the fireworks demo. I am getting a whopping 3-4 FPS I reckon :-)

[edit] I increased the framerate up to around the 10-20 fps mark by going back to 15bit depth and changing my refresh from 10ms back to 40ms. [/edit]

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#18]
Then just mount the iso in PearPC in your config, and viola, the CD pops up on your desktop with your PC files in it :-

That's how I got BMax installed in the first place :)
(only I used Nero)

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#19]
In windowed mode are the examples that draw text to the screen working for you guys on PearPC? ie, if you try the scrolling text demo can you see the text on the screen?

All I get is a blank screen but it does appear to be working in the background its just that I cant see the text.

Any Ideas?

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#20]
Do you mean the OldSkool demo?

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#21]
Go to the docs and click Drawtext() to see how DrawText is implemented. The sample code for DrawText is what I used. On PearPC I cant see the text when I run the code.

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#22]
Yep, it's definately blank.
I added a drawline command to it which followed the same x position as the text and that worked fine.

Why text doesn't has got me??

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#23]
perhaps it uses something that was not installed? we only installed XCode devtools mostly I think? perhaps some other package is needed for that .... ( although the installation of the whole xcode needs forever ... )

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#24]
Uhr... I'd be more inclined to believe it's a bug in PearPC. It -is- only at 0.4beta ;]