Can't find install/setup docs

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Can't find install/setup docs

dmaz(Posted 2004) [#1]
Are there any? I just copied the inner main folder from the sit to my applications/programming.

I following error when compiling...

Build Error: Failed to link /Applications/Programming/BlitzMaxSetup100/samples/hitoro/rockout.debug.app/Contents/MacOS/rockout.debug

is it because I might not have the Project Builder or X-Code developer tools preinstalled? I did install the apple dev environment a while back but haven't really used it.....

Any ideas?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yes, you do need those tools installed -- see 'requirements' on the purchase page!

Here's a little FAQ I wrote on how to get them, though (not yet on the site):

Xcode Tools

Blitz Max requires Apple's Xcode developer tools to be preinstalled on your Mac. If you don't already have the Xcode tools installed, you can install directly from the CDs/DVDs supplied with OS X, or download it from the Apple Developer Connection web site.

You can sign up to Apple Developer Connection for free by visiting the Apple Developer Connection Member Site. Once registered, you'll be able to download the relevant version of Xcode tools directly from your Apple Developer Connection account free of charge, under the 'Download Software' heading. If you're running OS X 10.3 or higher, just install the latest version.

OS X 10.2 users: although the latest version of Xcode requires OS X 10.3 or higher, you can install an older version of Xcode tools from your Apple Developer Connection account. The version called "December 2002 Mac OS X Developer Tools" is compatible with OS X 10.2.

This information is correct at the time of writing. Please contact Support if you find that this information is no longer correct.

Hopefully that'll get you sorted out.

dmaz(Posted 2004) [#3]
Works great now! I did have an earlier version of the developer tools installed when I tried earlier. I had to upgrade that installation, it was pretty old. I think I installed it sometime around 10.1 and hadn't upgraded it since.

BTW:
the language and compiler are awesome! Can't wait for the PC version so I can start using Protean with BMax. ;)