Looks Sweet

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Looks Sweet

Murilo(Posted 2004) [#1]
I don't actually own a Mac but I wanted to show my support for BRL, so I went ahead and purchased it anyway. At least I'm registered and ready for when the Windows version is released!

Hmmm. I wonder if I can extract the help file from the sit? [edit]Hurrah! reading the html docs now :D[.edit]

Anyway... Great stuff guys and a bargain at just £50.

Loonie(Posted 2004) [#2]
same here, just purchased it......

so, see you later.......finally get to blitz something on my mac :)

does look sweet so far

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#3]
I just bought it also and have it running nice on a PearPC Mac emulator. Even though the emulator crashes sometimes when I try and compile code its still works a treat and gives me insight into what the windows version will be like. At least I can try and get to grips with Methods early in the release.

Barnabius(Posted 2004) [#4]
WOrks on PearPC here, too. Can't wait to try it on my office Mac G5 tomorrow. Syntax looks very easy, too.

Barney

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#5]
Heh, cool. Congratulations and thanks for being the first few to take the plunge!

Matthew Smith(Posted 2004) [#6]
Just purchased as well - can't wait to use it soon!!!

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#7]
I'm in too :D

TeaVirus(Posted 2004) [#8]
I think I just broke my record for fastest removal of credit card from wallet!!

HNPhan(Posted 2004) [#9]
:D
coolllllzzzzzz

Barnabius(Posted 2004) [#10]
He, he. My CC was ready in front of the computer. Just in case the site comes back on line :)

So far I did not regret it. Everything is just as I expected. Actually, I feel like I am back in the 80's when I was writing games for C64 and other 8-bit computers. It's the same good feeling I had then about programming and games...

Barney

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#11]
It's like a BlitzMax party in my mouth! Or something... welcome all!

Barney: how about a new Saboteur then? ;)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#12]
Cool I got my copy ... now I just need my darn Mac!!! The iMac G5 should work good for me.

soja(Posted 2004) [#13]
Heh heh... I bought my Powerbook months ago in preparation for this day =)

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#14]
I don't have a MAC yet, but I bought it to support the Blitz Guys and because I plan on buying a MAC sometime after new years anyways. :)

LarsG(Posted 2004) [#15]
I'm running BlitzMax on my brand new iMac G5 as we speak..

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#16]

I don't actually own a Mac but I wanted to show my support for BRL, so I went ahead and purchased it anyway. At least I'm registered and ready for when the Windows version is released!

Same here, have a great Christmas BRL! :D

eni(Posted 2004) [#17]
Heh heh... I bought my Powerbook months ago in preparation for this day =)

I didn't buy it specifically for max (far from it) but I have a powerbook as well. A powerbook which is now sporting its very own copy of BlitzMax. Very classy!

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#18]
I think I just broke my record for fastest removal of credit card from wallet!!

I nearly made it too but my wallet fell through my sweaty hands, so I lost the pole position.

Ace Grace(Posted 2004) [#19]
Just ordered it even though I don't own a Mac.

Maybe this will force me to actually write something instead of procrastinating over the last couple of years.

eni(Posted 2004) [#20]
You could always sneak into an apple store, choose a mac in the corner and hope they don't notice you coding every day and never buying anything.

Ace Grace(Posted 2004) [#21]
LOL!

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#22]
Ordered it, now i only have to to snatch back the old iBook I gave to my daughter.

Let's see if i can convert our stellar Mystical Mahjong ( ;), my wife still plays it a lot as the only person on this planet ) to this new beast.

Barnabius(Posted 2004) [#23]
Barney: how about a new Saboteur then? ;)

Not a bad idea. I was just looking at the old 6502 code for Saboteur few days ago. I must admit an improved version with better graphics and many more rooms and puzzles would look nice on Mac.

Barney

FlameDuck(Posted 2004) [#24]
Not a bad idea.
Quite a good idea actually. Although I thought Saboteur II was a better game, I never played it as much tho', becuase sitting through the absolutely awful loading 'music' for what felt like hours, while it loaded off the tape drive was torture. I'd leave the C64 switched on for days at a time, once I'd finally gotten it loaded up.

Seriously, I reckon a Saboteur 3 is long overdue, time to reclaim your throne? :o>

matt!(Posted 2004) [#25]
Excellent news on the release, folks. I look forward to getting stuck in to some porting over the weekend!

SSS(Posted 2004) [#26]
very cool, just got it been using it for round 30 mins now, i've loads of work but wtv... damn youblitz max now i'll never get my work done :P... nah its great tho :D:D

Pixy Misa(Posted 2004) [#27]
Bought my copy!

I do have an old Mac, but it's running MacOS X 10.0. Maybe I should upgrade so I don't have to wait for the Windows or Linux release. :)

RetroRusty(Posted 2004) [#28]
I just got it to. I don't have a mac either but thought I would register now ready for the version that I'm waiting for :)