help with a shooting game.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/help with a shooting game.

Greetlock(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hello guys. I'm currently working on my very first Blitz3d project. It is a shooting game which my friend started as a sample and I am tweaking it a little bit and eventually make my own full game.

I want to program a global gravity where all objects can be affected by the same gravity.
So far I'm using my friend's basic coding which states
"MoveEntity player, 0,-2,0"
It works ok, but not how I would want it to.
For starters, it affects the player going up hills and makes it difficult to go up the hills.
I also want the game to recognize when you are falling so that you can't jump while falling.
I'm also having difficulty multiplying some sort of acceleration to the player and any obnect in the game as they fall.
And also I want to be able to program some kind of weight to the objects so that smaller objects fly off further than heavier objects.

I'm having trouble getting the rockets to do damage and affect objects when they explode next to them. If I get a direct hit it its them, but if it explodes next to them, even though I use "If EntitiesCollide explotion, other_entity" it still doesn't work.
I would also like to know if there is a way to make the explotion push the items in the opposite direction of where the rockets exploded.

I would really apreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Midimaster(Posted 2016) [#2]
wrong forum (BlitzMax)... try it in the Blitz3D-forum here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/topics.php?forum=5

Greetlock(Posted 2016) [#3]
Ok. Sorry. Thanks.