[Solved] TSound not found (Linux)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/[Solved] TSound not found (Linux)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
I was trying out a demo with sound on Linux. I already setup freeaudio with pulsoaudio fix but still getting this error.

Floyd(Posted 2016) [#2]
You recently posted about Framework so I will guess you are using one and it omits BRL.Audio.

If you are indeed using a Framework then get rid of it and see what happens.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks Floyd. Actually on the windows version it works, but when I tried to build it on linux it throws that error.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
This does not answer the question, whether you are using the "Framework"-command.

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
Ok seems to be this one thing that I have overlooked earlier. Being new to Blitzmax I forgot to import the correct audio from DirectSoundAudio to BRL.FreeAudioAudio

Thanks guys! Sound is working now :D

dw817(Posted 2016) [#6]
Hi Rusty:

* Yep, you need to be careful with that Framework command. While in DEBUG mode, some commands will show an ERROR telling you which elements you need to IMPORT, not everyone of them does and just shows weird errors and flaws in your runtime.

Here are the MODs I use in my current project:

Framework brl.glmax2d - standard graphics
Import brl.pngloader - needed to load PING images
Import maxgui.drivers - non-standard library for building 'gadgets'
Import brl.retro - needed for string commands like LEFT$(), MID$(), and RIGHT$()
Import brl.freetypefont - needed if you want to load and display fonts

Derron(Posted 2016) [#7]
How does it Rusty help, if he knows what modules you are using in _your_ project?

A good thing to start as Framework might be "Brl.StandardIO" (for "print") or "Brl.Blitz" (so you do import everything on your own).

If you do not care, just use the Framework Assistant.

bye
Ron

dw817(Posted 2016) [#8]
Derron: What I wrote helps others because I placed descriptions besides each of them and what functions they cover. Now ask yourself, is your question to me above at all helpful to others ? No, it is not.

And yes, StandardIO is a good place to start if you don't need graphics or commands for handling strings.

Framework Assistant is an option. Unfortunately in my own code if I use what it suggests then my EXE comes out quite a bit larger than if I just add my own Framework manually - so, the Assistant is not perfect.

You may need to use a bit of judgement on your own to get fine-tuned results, Rusty.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#9]
~n is a newline
~t is a tab

Oh, the OP did not ask this? Hmm, but I better leave it here to help others.

Understood what I want to express? You mention something to someone who did not ask for this information, maybe he did not need it.

Only thing your reply did was initializing derailment of the thread :-)

@Framework assistant
maybe that is why _you_ as developer are the boss, and the assistant is just the assistant :-)

Do not forget that while your programme compiles fine, it might have issues if you miss an import (good bet is "PNGLoader" or "OggLoader").

@brl.StandardIO
It's better to start with something small, compared to brl.glmax2D (I know that this is just for _your_individual_ project, so do not feel attacked now).
Nonetheless I like the monkey-X-approach that only used modules are included in the build.

Another aspect of "Framework" is, that compilation times are getting low
er/better as it avoids linking the whole unneeded pile of modules.

bye
Ron

dw817(Posted 2016) [#10]
You're right, we're both off. I was answering about Framework and you were too when the subject is actually Sound On Linux. Now don't you feel better, Ron. :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#11]
Yes, the framework thing was another topic I posted and I'm glad this all worked out and no need to argue guys. :) You've all been a great help!

dw817(Posted 2016) [#12]
Sometimes they push my buttons, Rusty. If they really hated me, they wouldn't respond to my posts, so haters gonna hate. :)

I think overall there are a lot of bright people in here - just some toes get stepped on sometimes. Best wishes with your Freeaudio and Framework.