Getting Exception Access Violation error

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Getting Exception Access Violation error

vbmark(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello,

I've been trying to get the Amazing Brucey's libtcod.mod working. And while I've been able to get it to work a few times, what happens is that at some point I start getting this error message, "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION". I'm using his supplied example_01.bmx file so it's none of my own code.

Somehow I get it to work again but then the error starts showing again. I've tried this on three different computers with the same results on all three -- it works initially then starts getting this error. But I'm at the point now where I can't get the error to go away on any of the three computers.

I'd really like to use this mod as I cannot find a good substitute.

Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

Thank you,
Mark

H&K(Posted 2015) [#2]
Ive not used the mod, so this is just a shot in the dark.

Does the program actually shut down? (As opposed to still running in the background)
I question this because the first few times you run something might be grabbing all of some resource.

vbmark(Posted 2015) [#3]
OK, it looks like you're right.

The executable will sometimes stay in memory after shutdown and will throw that error if I try to start it up again.

Even after ending the process I need to wait a bit until I can restart it without the error.

At least I can move forward again.

Thanks!