Looking for info onTMax2dGraphics

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Looking for info onTMax2dGraphics

Daemon(Posted 2015) [#1]
First time post here so, Hello to you all...

A while back I found a solution to something that I was trying to figure out how accomplish within BlitzMax on this forum. The solution involved the use of the following entry:

Global gfx:TMax2dGraphics = tmax2dgraphics.Current()

While I was relieved to finally get passed that point, I really still do not understand what this entry is actually doing and more importantly where I can find information about it. Unless I am missing something obvious (very possible) I can't find any reference to this within the BlitzMax manual/help.

I have finally gotten around to posting here to see if anyone could point me toward a source for info on this and possibly any other similar features. Please keep in mind, I consider myself at best just an infrequent dabbler in terms of BlitzMax knowledge and programming terminology.

Kryzon(Posted 2015) [#2]
Hey Daemon,
I usually just look at the source files for that:
https://github.com/maxmods/brl.mod/blob/master/max2d.mod/max2d.bmx#L84

Documentation has never been BMax's strength.
In order to find out what source file / module to investigate, I usually go by name or intuition, and with time you'll have a greater understanding of how the official modules relate to one another.
You can also use one of those file searching utilities, looking for occurrences of the term you're looking for (EDIT: Actually, that Github repository has a code search feature, you might just use that instead. Search with the bar at the top of the page.)

Daemon(Posted 2015) [#3]
I appreciate your response. I honestly have searched, but as I said my level of expertise is probably not sufficient to make much out of what I have found. As an example, while I see there is quite a bit of info on that link and I can follow much of it, I don't think I could have ever gleaned from it alone, that it contained a way of calculating a fairly accurate (so far) offset position for scaled/rotated images. Which is actually why I posted here, I was hoping that there might be a more comprehensive explanation of these hidden (to me at least) capabilities of BlitMax.

markcw(Posted 2015) [#4]
I would suggest if you need an improvement on Max2d then look to Odd2D, here.