BlitzMax Quick Command Reference?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax Quick Command Reference?

Matrix(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello All,

I just downloaded Bmax and found the documentation to be fairly extensive. However, I was wondering what happened to the "quick command reference" like in Blitz Plus, or as found under the "Manuals" Tab on the Blitz Web page. Is it in the installation somewhere? Did I just miss it or isn't it included with BlitzMax?

Thanks!

Tim

TomToad(Posted 2015) [#2]
Look to the panel on the right and click the Home tab. Expand Modules. There you will find most of the commands available. Also, you can type a command, put the cursor on it and press F1 once to see a brief description at the bottom, and press F1 twice to go to that command's help page.

Matrix(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks TomToad!...it looks like the answer to my question is that the "quick command reference" (like on the Blitz website) is not included in BlitzMax, but is still available on the Blitz web site.

Also, the "F1" key and "Quickhelp" are not working in my installation. Would be nice if it did work, but not a necessity.

(MaxIDE V1.43 / BlitzMax V1.50)

Tim

degac(Posted 2015) [#4]
Hi

Have you tried to use in the Ide the 'rebuild documentation' menu?
You should have the help automatically installed, as it is built from the source code.

Matrix(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks degac and TomToad! I rebuilt the documentation when I installed but no joy. However, because of your (degac) post I decided to try to rebuild once more before I posted that it didn't work. THIS time, the rebuild DID seem to work (thanks degac) and my F1 key is now working as well (per TomToad's post).

Sweet!

I would still like to have the quick command reference like B-Plus has (or like the "Manuals" tab on the Blitz web page), but the above sure will make things easier!

Tim