Playing a video file with blitzmax?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Playing a video file with blitzmax?

Takis76(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello,
I have created one animation for my game and would like to ask if is it possible to load it as a video in Blitzmax , either as .avi or mpg or .fli
For now I have a sequence of images for my animation and there are a lots (330) and I show them one by one. Is it possible to create a video file and load it with blitzmax. (Not a full screen video , but a video which will be able to appear on any position on the screen). Is there any module for this?

Thank you :)

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#2]
Pantson created an Ogg Theora module as well as an MPEG 2 module:
http://www.pantson.com/mods/

I'd recommend using the Theora module, since the MPEG one is GPL which would require you to release your own program + source under the GPL license as well. There's a ton of free video converters out there that will allow you to convert your existing video to theora.

Brucey also created a theora module, which can play back video + synced sound. Don't know the current URL of that one.

Takis76(Posted 2015) [#3]
I downloaded the ffpmeg to theora converter and I would like to convert a series of images to theora format.
The help file says:
ffmpeg2theora frame%06d.png -o output.ogv

My images are for example img001 , img002 to img330. How do I convert all of them to one single .ogv file?

I don't understand the help above.

:)

Takis76(Posted 2015) [#4]
I found how to convert a lots of images:
ffmpeg2theora img%03d.png -o output.ogv

But the converted file have error palette.
And when I try to run the example I have an error:

C:/BlitzMax/lib/libmingwex.a(pformat.o):pformat.c:(.text+0x355): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'

As I see the file is larger than my series of images and also there is no sound.
It seems to show my images separately is easier.