2D Particle effects - Rain , Snow and Fog

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/2D Particle effects - Rain , Snow and Fog

Takis76(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello,
I would like to ask , is there any nice particle library for Blitzmax which creates nice particle effects?

I would like to create 2D Particle effects for weather (Rain , Snow or Fog).
Or some example code?

:) Thank you very much.

GfK(Posted 2015) [#2]
TimelineFX.

Galdy(Posted 2015) [#3]
Yep. Go to the code libraries at the TimelineFX site and download the blitzmax module for it. Check the list of module dependencies to make sure you got those. I haven't used it much yet, but plan to. I've only used the torch flames thus far in my old school dungeon crawl.Which I haven't touched in months sad to say due to good ol work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT38Ne2sbaI

Takis76(Posted 2015) [#4]
Wow I saw your dungeon crawler game , is very nice.
How did you created? 2D Images or Blitz3D?

The program seems very nice but is not free for now.
Is the blitzmax module free?

Galdy(Posted 2015) [#5]
Yes. The module is free. You do not need to own the editor unless you want to of course create your own particle effects. The effects in the effects library are free to download and are royalty free also. Very fun to play with. My Dungeon crawl is 2d. I set up scenes in a 3d program, render them to png, then edit out the individual components with Gimp.

Kryzon(Posted 2015) [#6]
Other than that, try looking in the Code Archives:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?cat=1&order=&asc=&lang_id=2 (Use the Search function of your browser to search for "particle.")

Takis76(Posted 2015) [#7]

es. The module is free. You do not need to own the editor unless you want to of course create your own particle effects. The effects in the effects library are free to download and are royalty free also. Very fun to play with. My Dungeon crawl is 2d. I set up scenes in a 3d program, render them to png, then edit out the individual components with Gimp.

Which 3D Program used, I am interesting to create graphics for my game.
I made some things with the effects generator program.