Blitzmax Permission denied !

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Blitzmax Permission denied !

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#1]
When I run the program as it seem fine...but when I change the code then run the program again. It say

Building INVADERS
Linking:INVADERS.debug.exe
C:/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file C:/Users/DMC/Desktop/INVADERS.debug.exe: Permission denied
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Users/DMC/Desktop/INVADERS.debug.exe
Process complete

I think it is Invader.exe file on my desktop and I cant delete it....why is that?

How do I stop from happening again!?

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#2]
It sounds like the program is still running. The old exe file is still in use, so you can't overwrite or delete it. Stop it from within the program itself or kill it with the task manager via ctrl-alt-del.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#3]
IT hadnt happen to me like that before....but now...when I run the program then change the code then I have delete exe file then I can run program.

It seem chore to be honest!

GfK(Posted 2014) [#4]
Happens here, sometimes. Reboot sorts it.

Chapman7(Posted 2014) [#5]
I just re-build and it works. If it keeps bothering you, you should just move your project folder

pixelmischief(Posted 2014) [#6]
The problem is that the peogram is still running. Download PSTOOLS from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx. This includes the tools PSLIST and PSKILL. PSLIST will show you what processes are running, their internal names, and process ID's. PSKILL will let you kill leftover processes from your debug run.

BladeRunner(Posted 2014) [#7]
You can just use the Taskmanager and kill the open process, too.