Build modules in BM

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Build modules in BM

blicek(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello

Can someone help me because I've been losing my strength! A problem that haunts me is the trouble with BlitzMax, specifically with a built-in feature in the IDE:

Build Modules
Rebuild All Modules

Both functions are inactive on the taskbar even though I have the full version of the latest update!

And I have to use it because it requires installed by me. I get tired just a few days and i can not activate these features!

Very please help

Blicek

yossi(Posted 2014) [#2]
I don't shore if it is the same case but when I downloaded the demo before I purchased blitz max the build modules option and the rebuild modules option were inactive.

maybe you should make sure that you run the full version of blitz max and not the demo version.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#3]
You need to install MinGW.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90964

Derron(Posted 2014) [#4]
On Linux it stays disabled too. Think My WinXP-VM has it greyed out too (albeit MinGW is installed and paths are set)...

Just go to your blitzmax/bin (using a run..."cmd"-prompt)
bmk.exe makemods -a (to rebuild all)
bmk.exe makemods -h (for threaded)
.. if you only want to build a specific module(scope)
bmk.exe makemods brl.mod

bye
Ron

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#5]
On Linux it stays disabled too.

It's fine on mine :

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#6]
- You need to have MinGW installed
- It needs to have the correct environment variables set up, so Blitzmax knows where to find GCC.

blicek(Posted 2014) [#7]
Oh! Oh! Oh!

I did not expect this! -Such Aid. Maybe once again I will tell my problem:

1. Windows 7 Home Premium
2. the full version of the BlitzMax with the latest update (Bought)
3. full installation BlitzMax version 1.50, IDE 1.43
4. Fixed issue with functions:

Build Modules Ctrl + D
Rebuild All Modules

on the taskbar in the tile Program

I want these features were active as required by my cube. But unfortunately, despite many attempts I could not activate these features.

I installed Mingw and it is the same! So I decided to ask for help on the forum BlitzBasic.

Once these features as I remember were active without installing additional programs!

Very please help

Blicek

Derron(Posted 2014) [#8]
@Brucey: yeah it is non-greyed for me now too ... must have been somewhen in the past.

XP keeps being greyed out.

@blicek
Without MinGW the "rebuild all modules" and "build Modules" functionality cannot be "enabled" without MinGW being installed on Window32. Even when being enabled it wont work as the modules building relies on MinGW (gcc).

bye
Ron

Henri(Posted 2014) [#9]
@blicek:

From MaxIDE select "Help/about MaxIDE"-menuitem to display following info:

FASM Version 1.69.14
GCC Version <your MinGW version>
G++ Version <your MinGW version>

If GCC version number isn't showing then you haven't installed MinGW correctly (which is required to build modules). Also note that there are different brands of MinGW in the internet. Safe bet would be to download TDM MinGW here.

As for install instructions try this post from UNZ.

Good luck:-)

-Henri