hi

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/hi

DBlade(Posted 2014) [#1]
HI. I'm new to BlitzMax but not new to game design, nor new to programming. I've got a gazillion questions, and they're almost all specific to BlitzMax, BlitzMax's modules/etc., and OpenGL. I finally decided to sign up on the forums because it was the only way I could use BlitMax.com's search function.

Google turned up SOME useful results WRT a few of my Qs, but there were many left unanswered. I apologize ahead of time if any of my Qs have already been answered, although I am typically very careful to avoid that kind of thing. (I hate "being that knucklehead" who "reinvented the Q&A wheel")

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with some of the more experienced experts around these parts. And a shout out to Mark Sibly for creating such an awesome tool .

Derron(Posted 2014) [#2]
You will have to shout very loud :D

Welcome on board.

bye
Ron

Yan(Posted 2014) [#3]
Well, that's an excellent start. :)

Most folk here are much more responsive to those who have made the effort to find the answer to their questions before posting.

Others, who practically demand to be spoon-fed* readily available information, please take note!

*Especially those who then act like petulant children when they aren't.

DBlade(Posted 2014) [#4]
Pleasure to make your acquaintence. Yeah. I come from the "old school" school of thought that "if it's hard it's worth doing." (I wanted to be a game designer ever since I was 5 years old back in the 80's -- although I don't know if that's necessarily very old school. LOL

Grisu(Posted 2014) [#5]
I hope Mark has good ears... ;)

Welcome!