debugging problem in graphics mode

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/debugging problem in graphics mode

yossi(Posted 2014) [#1]
when I step into graphics mode (graphics command) in debugging mode (debugstop command) my screen is getting dark and it seems that the computer is hang.

in running mode the program is running just fine so I guess it is not code problem.

my operation system is windows 8.

how can I solve this problem ?

Addi(Posted 2014) [#2]
Maybe caused by your AntiVirus Software.

When I tried to build and run fullscreen apps in BlitzMax Avast tried to analyse the program and stops it while the System is creating the fullscreen window... Windows 8 crashed. Something with Kernel Security Reasons (dont remember the exact reason).

yossi(Posted 2014) [#3]
thank you for replying but I don't use anti virus (I rely on windows defender) and beside I don't have a problem with building or running.
I have problem only in debug mode when I step into graphic mode.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#4]
Are you running your app in fullscreen mode? This is generally bad practice as the debugger doesn't show on top of the game screen, and it will just look like your game has frozen/crashed.

yossi(Posted 2014) [#5]
can I exit fullscreen mode when I debug and if so how I do it or should I not using fullscreen mode on the first place ?

anyway what is the command to set windword mode ?

Derron(Posted 2014) [#6]
The command is: do not use a "colordepth"-value > 0 when using the graphics/SetGraphics-command.

So:
local g:TGraphics = graphics width,height,0, ...

bye
Ron

yossi(Posted 2014) [#7]
it works.
thank you very much.