Using zip engine how to? (VS Koriolis' zip mod)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Using zip engine how to? (VS Koriolis' zip mod)

Takis76(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello my friends,

Here I am making my game and my level editor, I would like to do something.
My level editor will be able to generate the game adventure and save the data of the level in a simple text format which will be encrypted so the cheaters will not able to cheat the game.

I would like to use zip engine when I will export some adventure I will export and other objects like musics, graphics, images, videos etc..

So my level editor will be capable to generate a complete adventure with all bells and whistles.

Koriolis zip mod is very nice for now but it can only load objects inside the zip, and not able to create zip files. (I don't know if new versions of Koriolis zip mod do that).

So I searched in the forums and I found zip engine.
Would you please explain how this zip engine works?
Or where do I find some useful example how to create a zip file or not compressed file using zip engine on run time to put all adventure objects in a single zip file and then the zip file will be locked with password and you can ship a complete new adventure with new graphics, new videos and the player who will play the new adventure will able to play a complete new game with new graphics , intros, finales, cinematics.

So my game will be modable, you will able to add and new graphics and musics and the engine will be expandable and the game will be expandable too.

Thank you :D