Maxb3d - where can I find some nice tutorial(s)?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Maxb3d - where can I find some nice tutorial(s)?

Duffer(Posted 2013) [#1]
and sample code?

Struggling to make a start with it.... all help and pointers gratefully received.

KronosUK(Posted 2013) [#2]
You probably won't find any. I was under the impression MaxB3d was only started and never really got into full development.

You'd be better off playing around with MiniB3d to start with.

Duffer(Posted 2013) [#3]
@KronosUK,

Not at all - check it out:- https://github.com/kfprimm/maxb3d

skidracer(Posted 2013) [#4]
What is wrong with the samples folder included? It seems to offer a lot of b3d code examples (which I suspect are copyright???). Perhaps learn Blitz3D first?

Chalky(Posted 2013) [#5]
KronosUK
You probably won't find any. I was under the impression MaxB3d was only started and never really got into full development.

Duffer
Not at all

KronosUK was probably considering this clause:

This library is still under initial development. While most of the groundwork is laid, the API is still subject to change without warning.

Do not begin any serious projects with this library unless you intend to freeze your codebase, or keep up with the changes.

which is why he recommended MiniB3d instead.

col(Posted 2013) [#6]
Just to clear up any initial possible confusion...

The 3D engine kfprimm is working on is not the same engine as the 'official' Max3D by BRL.

MaxB3D is by kfprimm, Max3D is by BRL.

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#7]
Given that it has been a year since the project had an update, it is doubtful the project will be continued, although I would love to be proven wrong.