Sprite Candy GUI

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Sprite Candy GUI

Aussie(Posted 2012) [#1]
Sprite Candy GUI

Hey there everyone. Just have a question about Sprite Candy & the GUI part of it.
I am looking at programming a world editor for placing objects around & was wandering if anyone has used it for this kind of thing. I have read on another thread somewhere that Sprite Candy is great for games but is limited for applications. I guess I am looking for something that has the ability to be setup so I can visually search through directories to find, load files & save files out to directories, the ability to have text in windows that I can alter for each object & the ability to be able to click on buttons to raise or lower values or click in the window displaying the numbers & change the value manually.

Or can anyone suggest a good GUI to use that is well documented that has a few tutorials or examples with it.

Cheers :)

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#2]
It does not have built in File selector but you can create one with it, you can also easily code your own prompts and notify windows and things like that.

Aussie(Posted 2012) [#3]
Cool.
Thanks for that RifRaf, me thinks i will get it. :)

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#4]
Aussie,

To clarify,

You will have to use its existing features (buttons labels and such) to make sliders, comboboxes, filegui, and most other things.. I can send you some code I have for it if you like after you get a license

Aussie(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks RifRaf.
I will take you up on that offer, it's much appreciated.
I will probably get it on Monday.
My email address is in my profile.
:)

Aussie(Posted 2012) [#6]
G'day RifRaf.
I bought Sprite Candy & have been playing around with the GUI, i am managing to figure it out & am finding relatively easy to use at the moment.
Have been able to create windows with buttons for adding new objects to a scene, exporting them & writing out my own file name.
If you could send through the code you have so i can have a look at it that would be great.
Thanks.

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#7]
Sure, ill get something to you probably in the morning. (or within 12 hrs -ish)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2013) [#8]
Anyone know if you can still get this anywhere, appreciate the ship might have sailed on this.