Newton Wrapper for Blitz3D by Itmbin

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Newton Wrapper for Blitz3D by Itmbin

Zethrax(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hiya. I've been in touch with Itmbin, the author of the Newton physics engine wrapper for Blitz3D, and he's agreed to allow me to publish my license key for the wrapper so anyone can use it. He also mentioned that he may open-source the wrapper code and provide a version with no license key restrictions if people are interested.

EDIT: Itmbin contacted me again with a link for the source code version of the wrapper. Link is below.

- Source code version provided by Itmbin -
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnwgQiJB0oZZzRlNUtsU1JiQ00/edit

- Compiled license key version -

The download link and license key are below. I've also placed the license key into all the samples and into a text file named 'License Key.txt'.

Download
http://files.pmnova.com/stuff/Itmbin-newton-wrapper.zip

License Key
N62e5710q501'cq3l2}5UeLfUcU2T3E9

The original thread for this wrapper
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66659

Last edited 2013

Zethrax(Posted 2012) [#2]
Here's a basic FPS setup I threw together which makes use of Newton via Itmbin's Newton wrapper. Needs a lot more tweaking and I'm probably doing a few things wrong.

EDIT: Tweaked the code a bit to fix some issues. I've also had to double the gravity to get a realistic gravity value for some reason. I tried a drop test and found that it was taking two seconds to fall 9.8 metres instead of one second.

The code still needs more work, but it's a little further along..

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#3]
oh! Thanks!!

Hey take this opportunity to ask you a question.

You can take a rag doll mesh and restore to its original state, for example the mesh is hit by a car and then gets up again. Is this possible?

Last edited 2012

Zethrax(Posted 2012) [#4]
It should be possible Yue, but I haven't done anything with ragdolls so I don't have any specific knowledge on it.

What I'd experiment with is calculating the number of degrees of rotation required to transition the ragdoll's joints from their current rotation in their local space to the desired rotation for the restored state of the ragdoll, divide that by the number of update steps, and add the resulting value during each update step.

Say for the x rotational axis for a particular joint your desired restoration angle was +45 degrees and your current angle was -45 degrees. +45 - -45 = +90 degrees to restore the joint to the desired rotation in its local space. Assuming you wanted to restore the joint in 60 steps (60 iterations of an update loop) then for each step you would add +1.5 degrees (90 / 60 = 1.5) to the joint's angle on its x axis. Do that for all the axiis of each joint for all joints.

It's probably not as simple as that, but it's the best I can come up with.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#5]
I think it's really complicated and has not taken it well.

By the way I am looking for a demo of the lib ragdollo where soldiers appeared by chance you do not have that example.

Last edited 2012

Zethrax(Posted 2013) [#6]
Itmbin contacted me again with a link for the source code version of the wrapper. Link is below. I've also edited it into the first post.

- Source code version provided by Itmbin -
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnwgQiJB0oZZzRlNUtsU1JiQ00/edit

Yue(Posted 2013) [#7]
I download all in one package?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#8]
THANK YOU! I have been looking for Newton Physics for AGES! :D

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#9]
Very nice indeed. This may come in handy, especially the FPS example by Zethrax.

Chispon(Posted 2014) [#10]
I'm looking for that Ragdoll Soldier example too, I downloaded it a long time ago, but I lost it due to OS Problems.
Do anybody still have that or a tutorial of how to make a mesh a ragdoll? (not those made of pure primitives)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#11]
Found the Newton Ragdoll example on my ext harddrive. If your still interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ac6mjd5ju48clu/ragdoll.zip

Chispon(Posted 2014) [#12]
Wow, Thank you!

Yue(Posted 2014) [#13]
@Rick Thanks You!!

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#14]
Don't mention it. ;-)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#15]
Maybe you have an example of cloth?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#16]
Nope. Don't know if exists also. Long time no hear/no see Yue, all fine? Is Bullet not doing all you need?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#17]
I have no problem, just do not even understand the concept of fabric does, because the example shows several tables joined together and is totally different from PhysX.

A greeting.

rio29(Posted 2014) [#18]
i think today is my very very lucky day:) because "i have a very limited paycheck:( so i can't afford all the apps out there:(" anyway Blitz3D and BlitzPlus now an open source this is like a dream come true and now Newton Wrapper for free thank you so very much appreciated

Yue(Posted 2016) [#19]
I like more this system of wheels than the bullet. :)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#20]
I love the system and collision tires, something I could not do with the physical system bullet never found the way to do it but with this library looks great when the tire climbs a walk. :)