Fastext texture blends

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Fastext texture blends

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2011) [#1]
Do I get this right, when I use the new textureblendmodes alphamodulate and alphacurrent, it isn't compatible with blitzs emulation of additional layers (that are beyond the hardware texture stages)? and these blendmodes force fullbright shading?
thanks.

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#2]
never seen this but I dont think ive used those blendmodes, wouldnt this be easy to test with a cube and a few textures to apply to it , using ambientlight 0,0,0 ?

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#3]
Now that you mention it, Blitz3D does create fake additional layers if the hardware doesn't support them (last paragraph in this docs entry).
One of these fake layers would most likely not react the intended way with the additional blend modes (which are all official, just not implemented in Blitz3D).

- Use the [undocumented] HWTexUnits() command to query how many texture units the client's hardware supports, and never use more than that.

- I don't think these modes force fullbright shading.

- Ask MikhailV :)

Rroff(Posted 2011) [#4]
Alpha and lighting has never worked that well fastext or not - infact some of the custom blends that can be done with fastext tend to handle it a bit better IIRC.