Parallax Mapping demo with FastExtension library

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Parallax Mapping demo with FastExtension library

MikhailV(Posted 2011) [#1]
New small and amazing experiment created by my friend MadMedic.
I am assured — it will be pleasant to you :)

Download Parallax Mapping demo

p.s. Use "Space" key for disable effect.

Last edited 2011

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
That's absolutely beautiful.

Brilliant work, both of you.

John Blackledge(Posted 2011) [#3]
Wow - real depth. Even on the edges and corners.
Will this be in FastExt in future?

Last edited 2011

MikhailV(Posted 2011) [#4]
@John Blackledge: I think — yes. But depth on the edges most likely should be cleaned, as now it is more similar to artifacts.

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#5]
Wow, looks very good. Looking at the "on" and "off" difference, it seems you're using the diffuse mode for cubemaps?

About the artifacts, there are a few.
I noticed not only at the edges of the cube by itself, but also when a tip of it goes off-screen - it's like it is consumed by the border of the screen.
The top of the screen also displays some random lines that travel - these lines disappear when you turn the effect off.

Being consumed by border of the screen (easier seen in motion):

Travelling lines across the top of the screen:

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#6]
Looks great! I hope this does get added to FastExt.

Jason.

MikhailV(Posted 2011) [#7]
@Kryzon: Yes, I know about it. We plan to use other method to exclude all similar problems.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#8]
..im long time away from B3D, but you Mikhail keep surprising me every time i see your new FastExt features..simply incredible man..congrats to both, you and MadMedic...from what I can see now, what is left to really be nailed down is..animation /hardware skinning/..after that, I think Mark should give ya medal of honor+B3D source code :)

Mike0101(Posted 2011) [#9]
Great demo. Parallax mapping is great even not fundamentel. The one and only missing fundamental feature in Fastex (or in entire Blitz) is the scalable FSAA.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#10]
code sample where?