Sprite Candy Memory Image to Texture?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Sprite Candy Memory Image to Texture?

dluciani(Posted 2011) [#1]
I'm a new user to Sprite Candy and while I like a lot of it, I have some 2d images in memory that I converted to a texture using HUD_LoadMemoryResource() but for some reason, even if I specify mode 4 and declare black as transparent, it's treating black as solid black when I display the layer, blocking out everything behind. These are runtime images that I can't simply load in from the disk but disk images seem to have no problems with transparency.

Second problem I'm having is this: None of the object commands such as scaling and originpoint seem to work as the manual describes. For example, I have used HUD_LoadImageResource to load a picture, successfully so as it displays fine on a layer but when I try to use any command like HUD_SetObjectOrigin or HUD_SetObjectScale on that image it simply says "the specified object does not exist." Here's actual code - I don't get an error on line 1 so wonder why line 2 doesn't work?

CampaignBG#=HUD_LoadImageResource("graphics\bg1.jpg",4)
HUD_SetObjectScale(CampaignBG,0.5,0.5) ; have tried 'CampaignBG' both with and without the '#' sign and get the same error regardless

Anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong on these two issues? Thanks in advance if you do.

Last edited 2011

Ian Martin(Posted 2011) [#2]
First problem, I had to do this:

LightningHandle=HUD_LoadMemoryResource (LightningTex,4,0,0,0)
HUD_SetLayerTexture(AltLightningAlgLayer, LightningHandle)

Transparency worked, but it was too slow to be used real time, so I am going to try something different.

Second problem:
I think the command you are trying to use 'set object scale' is to be used on an image. In order to have an 'image', first you need a texture, a layer and finally an image, like this:

;load image onto texture
CampaignBG#=HUD_LoadImageResource("graphics\bg1.jpg",4)

;!rewrite as:
Global CampaignBGTexture#=HUD_LoadImageResource("graphics\bg1.jpg",4)
;make a layer to put it on
Global CampaignBGLayer=HUD_CreateLayer(Hud1,CampaignBGTexture)
;make the actual image
Global CampaignBGImage=HUD_CreateImage(CampaignBGLayer,CenterX,CenterY)

;then scale it
HUD_SetObjectScale(CampaignBGImage,0.5,0.5)

Hope this helps!