Using Fastextensions ( no show of texture )

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Using Fastextensions ( no show of texture )

Dicon(Posted 2010) [#1]
I have downloaded the trial of Fast Ex and although the samples run well, if I introduce a textured cube mesh instead of the original mesh, the texture is not shown. The cube mesh shows it's texture in a simple B3D program, but not in Fast Ex.
I use 3DAC, Blender and Gile[s]. Neither .x, .3ds or b3d show and I am running the latest Blitz3D.
Any advice please as this appears to be very suitable and not too expensive.
Thanks.
Dicon

Vorderman(Posted 2010) [#2]
Have you tried loading the texture via code and applying it? Maybe the path to the texture in the b3d is wrong.

Rroff(Posted 2010) [#3]
Are you using a compatible version of B3D for the version of FastExt? I got this when trying an older version of FastExt that was written previously to the version of B3D I was using.

Dicon(Posted 2010) [#4]
Vorderman......
I did see that most of the demos and examples use texture that is applied by code, though the sample with the desert island with the running man has his anim mesh fully textured. I wonder if it's because my textures are improperly "mapped". It never tells me that the texture is not found.

Rroff...
Which version are you using? I use the latest upgrade, 1.105.
It's fine with .b3d, x and 3ds.

A question... if I create an architectural mesh with baulastrades, arches and doorways, do I set the mesh to both caster or receiver so that the shadows of the building on itself are cast?
I am just starting down this graphic/shadow route and will need a while to get familiar with the system.
Thanks for all the help and advice that has been given.
Dicon

Dicon(Posted 2010) [#5]
Well, I wiped everthing, it was sloppy and all over the place, set up a new folder put everything back in a tidy manner and it works well. I use Gile[s] to Ambient light the scene and export to .b3d. Great. Textures work OK.
But no self shadowing.
As All I need at the moment is a static shadow, I will stick with Gile[s] which can self shadow very accurately for now and try fast Libs later when I re-start game making. Perhaps when Fast Ext does do self shadows I will buy it.
Thanks for all the help.
Dicon