world3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/world3d

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#1]
A blitz3d editor I been working on and off with for awhile now, requires fastextension.

http://www.gothasoft.com/index.php/products/blitz3d/world3d

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#2]
purdy

puki(Posted 2010) [#3]
This looks most exciting - seems a bit cheap though at $10.00? What's wrong with it?

You don't mention if it works with Treeparty or Grassparty, so I assume not.

I'll buy it anyway, but I tend not to use these things as I kind of find them sort of clumsy and I don't like learning how to use things like TED or Giles or loads of other stuff that I buy.

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#4]
Understandable puki, I didn't include tree or grass party just yet as I didn't want the requirements for the editor to work in a project to more than it is already.. Right now the library requires Fastextension but by now i suppose almost every blitz3d user has that lib as its prime choice.

I will, however, add tree and grass party to the world editor at some point and opt it out as a plugin if you have the packages.

In the past i was reluctant to release a world editor for b3d for much of the same reasons you mentioned above - however i grew tired of making a new editor for every project i started in blitz3d and thus World3d was born.. Simple.. to the point map creation with only one include file needed to load the saved world maps. Anyways the price is low only because i wanted to keep it in range with the other b3d products i offer.

puki(Posted 2010) [#5]
There doesn't appear to be any documentation with it. How does it plug into Blitz3D?

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#6]
Include "eEngine.bb"
LoadMap("mapfile.map")

I didn't include any of the include files or the code examples in the demo, sorry.

Charrua(Posted 2010) [#7]
nice tool
i supose that in the inlcude file there where some functions to update the world and or read/modify actors, properties custom vars and the like.
I start awc just for your same reasons.

Even if i dont think to use the tool for make a world is very handy to see FastExt in action, Is good to see some effects interacting with a gui and less time consuming than coding it.

Juan