Ultra FastImage for Blitz3D - thread 2

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Ultra FastImage for Blitz3D - thread 2

Beaker(Posted 2009) [#1]
Previous thread here.

Aussie(Posted 2009) [#2]
Thanks MixailV. Couldn't get my head around drawpoly so i textured a cylinder instead, works good enough for what i want. :)

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#3]
Recently has created the small, useful and freeware application (under numerous requests) - FontGenerator v1.00 for simple generating image-fonts. Download here
I hope that it will save your time!

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#4]
FastImage library updated (v1.74)

- declaration of some functions is changed, now it is possible to use fractional numbers (float values) for coordinates, scale and etc. for drawing
- added new functions:

SetCoordsRound for compatibility with the previous version of library + new example FastImage_Example_CoordsRound.bb
SetTint + new example FastImage_Example_Tint.bb
DrawPolyEx
SetDefault
CountImages
GetImageByIndex
UpdateImage
UpdateImageFlag

- fixed bug for SetBlend & SetCustomBlend
- functions DrawText & DrawTextRect changed. Now the frame of each character/symbol is drawn completely
- added new argument customKerning% for SetImageFont function + new example FastImage_Example_TextAndFont_Kerning.bb
- now blend mode by default - FI_ALPHABLEND (after library start with InitDraw and after SetDefault function)
- algorithm of preservation and restoration DirectX states is optimized

Of course Blitz3D 1.105 supported.

And now FontGenerator v1.1 application included in package

p.s. Don't forget to update dll, decls and include files in your Blitz3D and projects!

crazydba(Posted 2010) [#5]
Hi MikhailV, I am using fastImage ver 1.73 and FastEx 1.15 and fastText ver 1.24 and blitz3d ver 1.103 and I was wondering if you had any issue reported with WIn7 ? I do not have any Win7 OS to test my developpements and this is petty ...
Should I have to download a newer version of your libaries with WIN7 ? or I should already be all set ?
Thanks

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#6]
@crazydba: Libraries perfectly work in OS Win7, without problems. It is not required to create special versions for Win7. You can publish demo versions of your applications on forum that the community has checked up working capacity.

Also I will remind, you can download latest versions of libraries from your personal account on FastLibs.com official site.

Tab(Posted 2010) [#7]
Great update MikhailV. :D

Edit : I found some serious problems after the update ( an unknow MAV on ENDDRAW on my loading screen function, a strange graphic glitch and the float values for drawing don't work )...

I going to try to discover what's going on and inform...

Edit2 : Here a screenshot about the graphic glitch.

Edit3 : Ok, i found the problem with the "unknow MAV" and the graphic glitch.

The MAV appear when you call the function StartDraw and then we forget to use the EndDraw, in the next EndDraw the Lib gives the MAV. ( the 1.73 don't have this problem )

The Graphic glitch is the same thing, if you forget the EndDraw the graphic glitch appear.

And about the Float Values, i simply can't find any way to make it work.

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#8]
Thanks! I will correct it

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#9]
@Tab: Please, test this version of library in your project - http://fastlibs.com/temp/fi_1_74_81.zip I hope that all problems are solved and now the library is ideal :) And then I can make update for all, certainly.

crazydba(Posted 2010) [#10]
I can confirm what Tab had experienced with Fast Image ver 1.74
I had also a crash on my load screen
However version 1_74_81 fix everything , thanks and great job !! (A redondant bug for intel GMA 950 and customcolor is also Fixed !)

Tab(Posted 2010) [#11]
Hello MikhailV, with the 1_74_81 all the problems has been fixed.

Thx for your fast response.

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#12]
Great! I promise to make full official update (1.74) at next week.

Tab(Posted 2010) [#13]
MikhailV, i have a question...

The problem with the blurry image when the SetCoordsRound are disable have any possible solution?

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#14]
@Tab: Such is life. It's results of interpolation.

And check your fastlibs.com accounts - latest & corrected version of FastImage library is available.

Tab(Posted 2010) [#15]
@MikhailV I see...

Thx again MikhailV.

byo(Posted 2010) [#16]
Hi, MikhailV.

I bought the Fastlibs yesterday as they're an amazing addition to Blitz3D.

How do I login to the site?

Thanks a lot for the wonderful extensions.

Regards,

Andre

wmaass(Posted 2010) [#17]
byo,

there is a hard to spot login link in the footer of the site.

byo(Posted 2010) [#18]
@wmaass: Thanks for the directions. But still I haven't received any e-mails with login information. How do I register to the website?

Regards,

Andre

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#19]
@byo: Check your email, please )

byo(Posted 2010) [#20]
@MikhailV: Thanks a lot. I just logged in and changed username and password.

Keep up the good work. Your libs are the best I've seen so far. :)

Tab(Posted 2011) [#21]
MikhailV, You have any plans to upgrade FastImage (Xors3D version) to the latest version? Because I really need some features availables on the latest one and some minor bug fixes.

I would appreciate if you can do it.

Osoko(Posted 2011) [#22]
I there.

I ve a problem with fast image. As i load 111 pict instead of 110, i have a big slow down in the navigation, while the fps indicate still 60 fps and there is still a wait time in my frame !

Is there some limitation concerning the number of pict and is there a workaround ?

Osoko(Posted 2011) [#23]
I'm still looking for. I've tried countimages on another apps, which display 134 pict. Is there a separate memory for drawimage which is limitated ? i use only 100 mo off texture on a 1 gb Cart.

Osoko(Posted 2011) [#24]
I've replaced the 512 textures with 128 i've still the same slow down, there is still 6ms of waitime in my frame, mem is 100 mo of 1 gb, what'is the problem ?

Osoko(Posted 2011) [#25]
Sorry, It was no restriction about the lib. I've forgotten a command DrawRectSimple in my loop. However, i'm surprised about this slow down. THe command DrawRectSimple was repeated only 12 times, and no slowdown with 11. How to explain there is still a wait time ( 10 ms left of a 60 FPS rate), while the engine is slow ?

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#26]
Bear in mind that since the only person who can help you is Mikhail himself (assuming it is a FastImage internal problem), and he doesn't seem to have been reading this thread recently, you might do better to email him directly. You can get his support contact from his profile page.