FastExtension - Light64.png vs nvector.png

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/FastExtension - Light64.png vs nvector.png

dogzer(Posted 2009) [#1]
the two SetCubeAling examples that fastext brings, show diferent texture setups for objects. What I found peculiar is the texture each one has in index 0, and that's what I wanted to know what they are.

In the FastExt_Example_CubemapLightAlign.bb the perfect pixel shaded ball has a light64.png texture with diffuse cube mapping applyed to it at index 0

And in FastExt_Example_CubeAling.bb, the HellKnight has nvector.png also with diffuse cubemaping applyed at index 0

What are these textures for? What do they do? I just don't understand its logic. Can anyone explain?

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#2]
Light64.png - lightsource cubemap (light-color in each pixel, diffuse or specular)
nvector.png - normals cubemap (3D vectors in each pixel, used for DOT3)

dogzer(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks! It's really easty to make the bump mapping work now!!

I have another question :o

you know how you can also add a specular texture on top and give it cubealign on some light entity, right?

The problem is that i want to change the specular color.

I could just open the specular.jpg file and change its HUE, but i'd rather do it in-game, is this posible?

thankS!!!

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#4]
Alas, to make it in real time it is impossible, you should prepare some textures with the necessary colour!

p.s. There are no possibilities of shaders, with them it is possible to make much more...