Fastlib (Memory Access...)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Fastlib (Memory Access...)

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#1]
(I did not put this in the other fastlib thread because i did not want to screw the whole thing up) but... i have been messing around with the trial version for fastextension and i just bought the retail version. I did the same thing with the retail as in the trial,( i put the decls and bins in the right places) but none of the codes will work.. if i replace the decls and bins with the ones from the trial version then they will work. What is the problem here?

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#2]
Did you put the dll(s) in the bin folder? Or if you're using an executable somewhere else, put the dll(s) with it.

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#3]
Yes i did put the dll in the bin folder but there is only one, is that what u mean by dll(s)?

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#4]
@blitz monkey:
1. You need find all old DLLs (check Blitz3D/bin, Blitz3D/userlibs, Windows/system32 and your application folder) and delete it.
2. Replace included files (FastExt.bb, FastImage.bb and etc.) in your project
3. Replace decls files (FastExt.decls, FastImage.decls and etc.) in Blitz3D/userlibs folder)
4. Place latest DLLs in your application folder and all will be OK.

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#5]
ok, i have done everything multiple times, but i forgot to mention i am using Ideal. The samples work on the normal blitz exe but not in ideal, is there some place i have to put the files in the Ideal directory?

Yasha(Posted 2009) [#6]
In IDEal you have to manually update things: try going to the Compile menu, choose Edit Userlibs, and hit the Refresh Definitions button at the bottom once you've made any other changes you need to in that window. This should update everything to the new setup.

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#7]
Ok i have it working, for some reason one of the other dlls or decls messed up everything, so i just moved them to another folder. I will go through each one to see which one was the culprit. But it works now and i am very happy, thanks a lot!