Sound Analysis related userlib

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Userlibs/Sound Analysis related userlib

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#1]
Does anyone know of a userlib or any other method for analysing sound data?

I am able to separate all the frame/tag info from some files so I'm pretty sure I just have the raw sound information itself, only, I am not sure how the bytes correspond to the actual sound, for example, which ybtes refer to which channel for stereo, or eeven how the data relates to a wave funciton of the sound produced.

I appreciate it's a bit techy, but perhaps someone knows of something?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#2]
on a similar note (no pun intended), on the sound analysis front, is there a similar userlib that can detect a sound 'level' being broken and output a simple digital '1' to another process? Basically trying to emulate a schmitt trigger....

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2009) [#3]
Maybe the Bass lib is of some use for you. It's possible to have a Spectrum Analyzer. This way you may be able to detect certain frequencies, even in a noisy sound. Or try to decode some radio dats signals.

Doing things by your own with the raw data is not as easy as it sounds in the first place. Things like Fast Fourier Transformation...

There is not much to say about the raw data of a sample. It is a simple amplitude modulation. Each 16-Bit word (for simplicity work with 16 Bit Mono) represents the airpressure at that moment (where 44100 measurements/s were made during recording). In sequence the whole airpressure can then be reproduced, using speakers. This may be a clean violin sound, a true wave, or some chaotic noise, the recorder/player doesn't care.

There's signed and unsigned wav data, don't confuse them. But basicly it's the same.